A Spitfire flying under a bridge.

PaulinKendal

SMF Supporter
First Name
Paul
Great story, great modelling and great painting. All backed up by some real precision chucking! It doesn't get any better than this.
What's most impressive is that, in all those different shots, the spitfire has its left wingtip slightly lower than the right. That's not just amazingly consistent chucking skills - it's witchcraft!

yak face

Wossupwidee?
Staff member
SMF Supporter
First Name
tony
Amazing job ron as always , a totally realistic scene created by excellent modelling and scratching skills plus olympic standard chucking , my compliments to the chucker ! Cheers tony

BattleshipBob

Bob, bob, bobing along!
SMF Supporter
First Name
Bob
Tremendous Ron, so impressed

Love the Geordie accent, friend of mine is one. Living in Cardiff for yrs he sounds more Welsh, but he can switch to pure Geordie in a sec, great accent along with Cockney

Airborne01

SMF Supporter
First Name
Steve
Tremendous Ron, so impressed

Love the Geordie accent, friend of mine is one. Living in Cardiff for yrs he sounds more Welsh, but he can switch to pure Geordie in a sec, great accent along with Cockney
Cock - er - nee mush! Get it rite awlright! Disgraceful ...
Steve

spanner570

SALAD DODGER
SMF Supporter
First Name
Ron
Brilliant! Thanks yet again for the great posts. It's great to read all your most generous comments on this build. My wife is getting a rather too large a bonce!

What's most impressive is that, in all those different shots, the spitfire has its left wingtip slightly lower than the right. That's not just amazingly consistent chucking skills - it's witchcraft!

Yes, just good and consistent 'Chucking'

She has me spellbound too, Paul. Now if you'll excuse me, I have to do the ironing, hang out more washing, hoover and clean the house, go shopping and prepare and cook the dinner.......Oh, and my wife has just shouted she needs her armchair cushion fluffing up and would I be a dear and get her another cup of tea.

Last edited:

Gern

'Stashitis' victim
SMF Supporter
First Name
Dave
Brilliant! Thanks yet again for the great posts. It's great to read all your most generous comments on this build. My wife is getting a rather too large bonce!

Yeah! If she continues to improve, you're going to have to sharpen up your dodging skills considerably!

The Smythe Meister

Born to be WILD....... until about 9pm
SMF Supporter
First Name
Andy
Sorry Ron,a bit late noticing this one :sad:
As has been said, that really does look superb...... and I mean in  ALL aspects, not just the plane, excellent stuff mate :smiling3:

spanner570

SALAD DODGER
SMF Supporter
First Name
Ron
Thanks boys.
Paul. No need for "Sorry", it was my rather poor 'Tongue in cheek' humour that's backfired a tad.
I've edited that part in my previous post......:thumb2:

Thanks again for your nice comments, chaps.

Cheers.
Ron

Gern

'Stashitis' victim
SMF Supporter
First Name
Dave
Brilliant! Thanks yet again for the great posts. It's great to read all your most generous comments on this build. My wife is getting a rather too large a bonce!

Yes, just good and consistent 'Chucking'

She has me spellbound too, Paul. Now if you'll excuse me, I have to do the ironing, hang out more washing, hoover and clean the house, go shopping and prepare and cook the dinner.......Oh, and my wife has just shouted she needs her armchair cushion fluffing up and would I be a dear and get her another cup of tea.
Is that all? What about that shelf unit she asked you to put up nearly an hour ago?

After all, it's her chucking skills that earn you the accolades on here. P'raps she should think about changing her name to L'Oreal? :smiling:

rtfoe

SMF Supporter
First Name
Richard
Amazing chucking skills there Ron. My compliments to your wife's skill and consistency. All scenes and angle look good including the giant hand...where's the beanstalk? :smiling2:

Cheers,
Richard

Lee W

Rum before 10 makes you a pirate not an alcoholic
SMF Supporter
First Name
Lee
Howay man, tha's reet propa canny that!

Lee Drennen

Box Stock Builder with a Twist/ Rabble Member
SMF Supporter
First Name