A wee query

• Thread starter zak illingworth
  • Start date
Z

zak illingworth

Is Mig Jimenez a modeller?

Noticed in the Tamiya Modellers Magazine and advert for Mig Jimenez Encyclopedias. Has anyone subscribed to them ?

Cheers

Zak

A

Awins

\ said:
Is Mig Jimenez a modeller?
Noticed in the Tamiya Modellers Magazine and advert for Mig Jimenez Encyclopedias. Has anyone subscribed to them ?

Cheers

Zak
Good question Zak as ive often wondered myself. Saw a couple of the encyclopedias at a recent model show.I just thought that they contained an awful lot of good quality photos but no real content.

P

phalinmegob

he is a fantastic modeller although he seems very busy being a business man recently.

rickoshea52

SMF Supporter
First Name
Rick
Do you mean these books?

image.jpeg

This is the second in the series for aircraft and the first that I have bought, for me this edition is a massive source of information and new techniques - the detail is mind blowing. If you want to super details your aircraft builds then get this edition for tips and inspiration.

I believe there will be a series for armour at a later date which I believe your picture refers to.

D

Dave1973

Mig jimenez started out as an employee for Vallejo products, and modelled professional commisions as well.

Then he decided that because his passion was for armour rather than the ships and planes he was doing while with vallejo, he started hismown company MIG AMMO to cater primarilly for the armour modeller. This was because he was making his own paints and mixes anyway to create his masterpieces.

Since then, he has become a definitive modeller within the armour community, and some of the creations he has made are utterly fantastic. His modelling skills are second to none, and paint skills also.