A13 Mk.I/Cruiser Tank Mk.III

MikeC

SMF Supporter
Has left the Building
First Name
Michael
Neo,
I went through my meager references on these early tanks. And in both sets of drawings (Bradford and Broughton) they show that bottom plate as being a smooth plate and with no bolt/rivets to hold it in place. But looking at the photo you have it appears there are some bolt holes along the top edge. So I would assume that the plate slots over the bottom lip and is bolted along the top lip. But then I came across this photo
neo1.jpg
FOR DISCUSSION ONLY.
Hope this helps.
Regards,
Mike.

Reactions: Neo

colin m

Staff member
SMF Supporter
First Name
Colin
You have a serious amount of after market goodies there, and it's already looking good at this stage.

Neo

First Name
Artyom
Neo,
I went through my meager references on these early tanks. And in both sets of drawings (Bradford and Broughton) they show that bottom plate as being a smooth plate and with no bolt/rivets to hold it in place. But looking at the photo you have it appears there are some bolt holes along the top edge. So I would assume that the plate slots over the bottom lip and is bolted along the top lip. But then I came across this photo
View attachment 362357
FOR DISCUSSION ONLY.
Hope this helps.
Regards,
Mike.
Hello,Mike! Thank you very much for the photo and comment! I think it will help me. Thanks again!

Neo

First Name
Artyom
Uff. I see on photos that work with workable panel with hinges is not perfect. And a panel seem to me is to thin. Sometimes only macro can give us an answers about quality of scratch. I will do a new panel.

Steve Jones

Steve Jones Scale Modelling Site
First Name
Steve
Glad to see the info was of help Neo. A wonderful update as always. Keep it comin my friend

MikeC

SMF Supporter
Has left the Building
First Name
Michael
Neo,
Just cannot pick up a kit without adding more to it, I know the feeling well.
Cheers,
Mike.

• Haha
Reactions: JR

Neo

First Name
Artyom
Uf. That work makes me mad. When you go futher - things become harder. I don't think I can win this battle. Maybe a draw. I am trying to substitude some details and make this tank look like abandoned and crushed. Exhaust cover I made from thin aluminium to make some dents on it.

Much work ahead. Some lines I will correct in the end , they are not parallel.
DSC05060.jpg

DSC05064.jpg

DSC05068.jpg

DSC05072.jpg

DSC05073.jpg

DSC05077.jpg

DSC05079.jpg

Neo

First Name
Artyom
Hello,friends! Maybe somoene have an information about this rear plate? I see one rear light. What is second, near the light?

image.png

Steve Jones

Steve Jones Scale Modelling Site
First Name
Steve
Not sure Neo. I have a look and see what I can find out. With the light being in the middle would there have been another one????

tr1ckey66

SMF Supporter
First Name
Paul
Quality work Neo. This build looks like a real labour of love.
Cheers
Paul