A6M5 Zero type 52 1/48 Hasegawa

T

treyzx10r

Thanks everyone really appreciate the kind words and support. Vaughan I used the very edge of a new #11 blade and chipped away,and used citadel devlan mud wash over all of it. I'm calling it done all comments most welcome,I'll get some better daylight shots up later

Vaughan

SMF Supporter
First Name
Vaughan
Hi Trey

Another masterpiece 5*

Vaughan.

stona

SMF Supporter
First Name
Steve
I completely missed this one. Very nice it is too,we'd expect nothing less! I have often made my doubts about salt chipping,particularly its scaling,known but this just goes to show that it can be made to work realistically. It really is perfectly judged.You can have as many stars as you want for this one Trey.

Someone asked if the Japanese primed their aircraft. I know very little about Japanese aircraft production but am told that many manufacturers,as the war went against Japan,abandoned the practice. There is plenty of evidence of very heavily weathered aircraft.

Cheers

Steve

T

treyzx10r

Ian,Vaughan,Kresten thank you ! Steve yes I was worried about the whole process and was using this as a test bed for some other Japanese crates in the stash. I used coarse salt to start ,then semi ground some of it to get different size crystals and think this helped with the scale. I agree with you totally on the lack of primer use and you're right lots of picture evidence to support it but I've not been able to find anything about the practice in my research. Thanks for the compliment as well Steve really means a lot !

I did get a few pics to add today

Vaughan

SMF Supporter
First Name
Vaughan
Beautiful Trey. Great B/W image very realistic.

Vaughan.