Academy 1/32 Sopwith Camel F.1

Mickc1440

SMF Supporter
First Name
Mick
Best wishes to mrs C , hope she has a speedy recovery . The ejector pin marks on this are a bugger arent they , not just the fact theres loads of them but in difficult to fill places too . I agree with steve , ignore the daft instructions and just superglue into the holes after painting is done , cheers tony
Thanks Tony definitely looking to rig after paint

Wishing SWMBO a speedy recovery.
Pete
Thank you Pete

Mickc1440

SMF Supporter
First Name
Mick
In between nursing duties I’ve managed a couple of quick trips to the desk. The instrument panel is not accurate but looks the part. I’ve also made some progress on the cockpit, unfortunately the light was going so the pic isn’t great.
IMG_3197.jpegIMG_3198.jpeg

yak face

Wossupwidee?
Staff member
SMF Supporter
First Name
tony
Nice work mick , no sign of those pesky ejector pin marks . Instrument panel looks great , cheers tony

Mickc1440

SMF Supporter
First Name
Mick

colin m

Staff member
SMF Supporter
First Name
Colin
Good work Mick. Looking at the cockpit, I find the similarities between your British aircraft, and my German one quite amusing.

Allen Dewire

Proud Rabble Member
SMF Supporter
First Name
Allen
Sorry Mick, I'm really late in on your build and trying to ketchup (again). Firstly, I hope your good lady is recovering well and letting you get a bit more bench time.

I also see you haven't lost any of your wing thingy building skills Buddy. Great work on the IP and filling the potholes. I bet the Road Works Commission will be calling any minute, wanting you to come and work for them!!!

That's a big prob with these WWI wing thingy's, you do all the nice detailing work on the pit and when you close it up.......You see about, Nada, Nothing, Zip!!!...

Prost
Allen

Mickc1440

SMF Supporter
First Name
Mick
Sorry Mick, I'm really late in on your build and trying to ketchup (again). Firstly, I hope your good lady is recovering well and letting you get a bit more bench time.

I also see you haven't lost any of your wing thingy building skills Buddy. Great work on the IP and filling the potholes. I bet the Road Works Commission will be calling any minute, wanting you to come and work for them!!!

That's a big prob with these WWI wing thingy's, you do all the nice detailing work on the pit and when you close it up.......You see about, Nada, Nothing, Zip!!!...

Prost
Allen
Always welcome Allen and the mrs is making steady progress. There was room to do more in that pit but you can see less than my more modern builds. More tarmac on order, more holes to fill