Academy; 1.35 Tiger 1 early

monica

“When there's no more room in hell, the dead will
SMF Supporter
First Name
monica
well got a little time in on this one,after doing the gardening ,mowing the lawn,:rolleyes:

so as you see I,do have the tri,color camo,done all freehand,

a little bit of splatter ,but not to bad ,I,m happy with it, ;)

still a lot of bits and bobs to add,so on the turret ,I,m not sour if I,will add, ?:confused:

so that's were im att so far still need to add a few things,but over all happy with my progress,:eek:

a little low with the other just have not been in the figure painting mood,:confused:

and for them I, do need to be,:rolleyes:

well hope your liking it so far,still quite a bit of work to go,the fun part

the weathering were I,do real need not to get carry away as I,tend to do, :D

View attachment 122002

View attachment 122003

View attachment 122004

View attachment 122005

View attachment 122006

20151013_174638.jpg

20151013_174646.jpg

20151013_174653.jpg

20151013_174702.jpg

20151013_174708.jpg

D

dubster72

Looks good to me Moni! I always think that once the camo is painted they kinda look too bright, but the wash & weathering will tone it down. I'm at the same stage with my Jagdtiger.

Plenty of dust is the future for a Kursk Tiger!

monica

SMF Supporter
First Name
monica
\ said:
Looks good to me Moni! I always think that once the camo is painted they kinda look too bright, but the wash & weathering will tone it down. I'm at the same stage with my Jagdtiger.
Plenty of dust is the future for a Kursk Tiger!
cool so glad your liking it so far,it dose get that shine to it,even its a flat paint, ;)

must watch my weathering this time,:confused: dont wont to have to repaint all,:rolleyes:

I do like the carbon ,smoke look around the engine grills,so will keep that look,

the other I think will go for a dark brown,pin lining around the hatchets and so,

on with some of the red/brown chipping,then as you have said the washes in

from a dirt,to lite dust to tone her down,:rolleyes: ;)

with maybe bit of mud or ash depends on what setting the base is,any surgeries ? for Kursk ????

will look forward to seeing the Jagdtiger. soon,Think I have one coming forget what I did buy,:confused:

monica

SMF Supporter
First Name
monica
\ said:
Looking good Monica, coming along a treat;)
ta Tommy so glad that your liking it so far, :D

D

dubster72

\ said:
cool so glad your liking it so far,it dose get that shine to it,even its a flat paint, ;)
must watch my weathering this time,:confused: dont wont to have to repaint all,:rolleyes:

I do like the carbon ,smoke look around the engine grills,so will keep that look,

the other I think will go for a dark brown,pin lining around the hatchets and so,

on with some of the red/brown chipping,then as you have said the washes in

from a dirt,to lite dust to tone her down,:rolleyes: ;)

with maybe bit of mud or ash depends on what setting the base is,any surgeries ? for Kursk ????

will look forward to seeing the Jagdtiger. soon,Think I have one coming forget what I did buy,:confused:
I'd steer clear of the smoke around the engine grills, unless it's very subtle. Especially the rearmost ones as these had the radiator fans & would only suck air in, not blow it out.

Unless the engine had a problem, there's not much likelihood of smoke coming up through the grills. Perhaps a little bit of burnt grease / oil, but that wouldn't show much.

As for Kursk, you can go dry & dusty or wet & muddy! There was hot dry weather at the start & even localised thunderstorms during the campaign.

grumpa

SMF Supporter
First Name
Jim
Great work so far Monica, like the camo pattern and fender damage looks spot on;) one small thing, in this pic main gun seems a bit off kiltero_O maybe just not glued yeto_O

View attachment 122046

20151013_174646-jpg.133827.jpg

monica

SMF Supporter
First Name
monica
\ said:
Great work so far Monica, like the camo pattern and fender damage looks spot on;) one small thing, in this pic main gun seems a bit off kiltero_O maybe just not glued yeto_O
View attachment 133871
your right Jim,not glue in yet,its about 1.5mm gap or its loose so I need to thinness it up a little :confused:

so glad that your liking it so far, :D

monica

SMF Supporter
First Name
monica
\ said:
That's looking very cool Monica, nice battle damage on the fenders.
scott
ta Scott, makes me happy your liking it so far,a little damage is called for on the fenders ,i think,as its just so big,

and crashing through things be it trees,or streets,would have some, ;)

monica

SMF Supporter
First Name
monica
\ said:
I'd steer clear of the smoke around the engine grills, unless it's very subtle. Especially the rearmost ones as these had the radiator fans & would only suck air in, not blow it out.
Unless the engine had a problem, there's not much likelihood of smoke coming up through the grills. Perhaps a little bit of burnt grease / oil, but that wouldn't show much.

As for Kursk, you can go dry & dusty or wet & muddy! There was hot dry weather at the start & even localised thunderstorms during the campaign.
noted ,I did not know that it had the fans on each side,under these grills,thank you for letting me know,so a little rethinking will

get it all sorted,with what to do,

still have not decided on what ,type of condition let as you said it was a summer campaign,

still looking at pics,and just waiting on that one to jump out at me,:rolleyes:

flyjoe180

Joe
SMF Supporter
First Name
Joe
Your Tiger is looking great Monica. I'm viewing this after a week or so away, but I am watching the build.

monica

SMF Supporter
First Name
monica
\ said:
Your Tiger is looking great Monica. I'm viewing this after a week or so away, but I am watching the build.
welcome back Joe, :D

glad that your liking it so,

\ said:
Just caught up with this Monica and it's looking good.
ta Terry glad your liking it so far, ;)

First Name
Aaron
I'm building this kit too Monica. Doesn't it fall together so nicely? I like the tri camo scheme you have chosen. I wanted to do something different so I've hacked at mine trying to imitate the Leningrad tigers.

monica

SMF Supporter
First Name
monica
\ said:
I'm building this kit too Monica. Doesn't it fall together so nicely? I like the tri camo scheme you have chosen. I wanted to do something different so I've hacked at mine trying to imitate the Leningrad tigers.
first off so so very nice to see you back again,sir Aaron :D

what scale is your in ?

oh sounds interesting,I did do some battle damage to her,not to much,

will look forward to seeing your one soon I,hope,

glad that your liking it so far, ;)

First Name
Aaron
Thanks Monica, I'm doing the exact same kit as you at the moment.

monica

SMF Supporter
First Name
monica
cool,it is a great kit no problems and very good fit,

hope you got yours for a nice price,as well,