Academy 1\35 tiger type I

• Thread starter Deleted member 3568
  • Start date
D

Deleted member 3568

hi ll this is my first attempt at posting on this site so hope all goes well.

this was my first attempt at a tank and weathering

so what do you all think, i was quite pleased as a first attempt .

eddiesolo

It's a modelling time!
SMF Supporter
First Name
Si.
Hi there, I like this and for a first attempt at weathering I think it looks superb and works really well. To items spring to mind: One, is the deck not fastened to the sides? And two, it is too shiny, unless you have gone for a wet look. If not tone back with a matt varnish this will eliminate the gloss sheen.

Great build from me as a great effort all round.

Si:smiling3:

Alan 45

Plastic Abuser
First Name
Alan
I agree with simon but your weathering is very well done and much better than my first attempt I would even say better than mine now

Great build from me :smiling3:

D

Deleted member 3568

thanks for the kind comments, the reason that the deck is not atattched to the sides is because it was supposed to be removeable to show the interior (which i just realised i havent posted)

and unfortunatley as you can see it is not a particularily good fit sorry about that and wink wink obviously i was going for a wet look i mean just look at those puddles

eddiesolo

It's a modelling time!
SMF Supporter
First Name
Si.
Ah, that explains the gap, no need to be sorry. It is rather muddy I must admit.

Si:smiling3:

D

dubster72

For a first attempt, that's really good! The glossy look aside, the only thing I'd change next time is the tow cable stowage. Rarely did tanks keep it as the kit manufacturers portray as any delay while under fire could be deadly!

Get some picture hanging wire from a Poundshop, paint it black & fit it to the cable ends from the kit & it looks much more natural. Here's an example on a Tiger II I built.

View attachment 78724

Cheers Patrick

SP_A0503.jpg

D

Deleted member 3568

thanks for that tip your tank looks great by the way

P

Polux

Very nice first attempt!!

The first photos show a very well painted tank. ;)

About the weathering... is a really difficult thing to learn, every day, we all discover new tips :oops:

I personally like this mud effect, and your effort on this build is visible.

So, for me, is a great first build :smiling3:

Cheers

Polux

yak face

Wossupwidee?
Staff member
SMF Supporter
First Name
tony
For a first attempt at armour thats brilliant Ken. Its not the easiest kit either , what with all the interior details too. THe weathering is fine and as for the glossy effect , whos to say its not raining? If you did want to dull it back a bit , it would still look great. The only thing that stands out a bit is , as Patrick says , the towing cable , even if you didnt want to replace it ,its very noticeable as its quite bright silver - they were usually a bit rusty/dirty. Great job , tony.