Academy 1\400 centenary Edition Titanic

• Thread starter Deleted member 3568
  • Start date
D

Deleted member 3568

Here is todays go at this kit, I really am finding it difficult to get my mojo on this kit it has fought me all the way what with falling off the shelf, getting the mast bent three times then snapping off and all the trouble I've had with the pe, but I have to show willing as swmbo said when I was picking models for my birthday no ships you've not touched any of your ships for months. I really want the Warspite I have an idea for an awesome dio (at least if it works it will be awesome) and its one I never seen anyone do.

View attachment 87098

View attachment 87099

View attachment 87100

IMAG1869.jpg

IMAG1870.jpg

IMAG1871.jpg

G

Graham D

Looking good. The Warspite is a nice ship to build, very little flash and the fit is good. You also have 2 choices of which kit to buy; the otb version or the one comes with photo etch.

D

Deleted member 3568

Hi guys and gals I have decided to do a bit more on this kit to fill the days before my hol so tonight I've glued the decks to the hull and tested the lighting and here is the results so far

View attachment 88878

View attachment 88879

View attachment 88880

View attachment 88881

View attachment 88882

View attachment 88883

View attachment 88884

View attachment 88885

View attachment 88886

View attachment 88887

I actually think this kit doesn't want to get built ever time I go near it something goes wrong last time I touched it I spilt a cup of tea over it.

CRW_2649.JPG

CRW_2650.JPG

CRW_2785.JPG

CRW_2786.JPG

CRW_2787.JPG

CRW_2788.JPG

CRW_2790.JPG

CRW_2791.JPG

CRW_2792.JPG

CRW_2793.JPG

Last edited:
C

cryton 5

lovely build fitting tribute the lights give it the real factor , I have similar model thought of lighting I'll see in meantime be proud I would it being on shelf cry

D

Deleted member 3568

I had completely forgotten this build even though it sits next to my computer, tbh I don't think I will ever finish it, it is jinxed every time I touch it a disaster happen.

eddiesolo

It's a modelling time!
SMF Supporter
First Name
Si.
I seem to have missed this Ken, apologies. I have the Revell 1/400 to do and if it comes out half as good as I will pleased. Nice work the lighting looks very effective.

takeslousyphotos

No Tears Please. It's a Waste of Good Suffering.
First Name
Peter
I seem to have missed this one as well Ken............. Superb work. Amazing job.

First Name
Robert
I am so sorry Ken I m like the other blind mice on here I have not seen this before but just stumbled on it and after picking my jaw up off the floor 846!!!! I even told the wife and all different size portholes too!!! Then I read on and kept picking my jaw up!! The detail you have achieved is so realistic and so spot on, all the little hiccups eth the pe and that damned mast but you have still got the model looking so brilliant, lights and all the dogs biscuits, rigging the list is endless and the photography is so accurate to describe what brilliance of your skills

Here's one for you my uncle a long long time ago built the titanic out of matchsticks took him a few years but if I remember rightly it was about a a foot and then some in length ( mounted it on the wall )

I've always wanted to do a titanic of some description but always shied away as that rigging scares me and the fine detail sends shivers...... Your skills are amazing

Brilliant work

Kind regards

Robert

eddiesolo

It's a modelling time!
SMF Supporter
First Name
Si.
Tell you what I do like Ken, is that you have got the funnel colour spot on. White-Star buff-so many do it in yellow...so wrong.

monica

“When there's no more room in hell, the dead will
SMF Supporter
First Name
monica
superb build so far Ken,I do real like the lights effective.just adds so much more to her, ;)

would love to see this one done,:rolleyes:

First Name
Robert
\ said:
Tell you what I do like Ken, is that you have got the funnel colour spot on. White-Star buff-so many do it in yellow...so wrong.
Totally agree with you Si

Regards

Robert

flyjoe180

Joe
SMF Supporter
First Name
Joe
Why had I not seen this? Wow Ken, super work. Be a shame not to finish it, this is amazing already.