Academy 1/48 AH64 A

• Thread starter Deleted member 3568
  • Start date
D

Deleted member 3568

Hi ok so I ordered a gundam as some relief from the Cutty Sark (what's that you say robots and ships this is the aircraft section) bare with me, after scanning the stash for some light relief nothing took my fancy so I ordered a gundam (never built one before and it looked fun)

Would be delivered by the 6th, now it's the 30th rescan of the stash, hey I've never built a helicopter before, how hard could that be, might even be fun.

Answer very hard, anyway onwards and upwards.

IMG-2707.jpg

IMG-2705.jpg
IMG-2702.jpg
IMG-2703.jpg
IMG-2706.jpg

D

Deleted member 3568

Well this was supposed to be light relief from the Cutty Sark I think I will be doing the Cutty as light relief from this. What an awful kit I thought sorting the mistakes my brother did on the Cutty was a challenge that was a walk in the park.

Anyway here is progress so far.

IMG-2726.jpg
IMG-2727.jpg
IMG-2725.jpg
IMG-2730.jpg
IMG-2731.jpg
IMG-2728.jpg
IMG-2729.jpg
IMG-2733.jpg
IMG-2734.jpg
IMG-2732.jpg

D

Deleted member 3568

Anyway what a load of rubbish this kit is (wish I hadn't started it)

After herculean efforts to get the landing gear pods to fit I thought I had it then after priming the b#$$%y thing pinged apart again.

The cockpit glass is a stupid 3 part thing which I managed eventually to glue together only to find after priming it had pinged apart again (I only hope that was after the primer and the cockpit isn't full of primer.

IMG-2739.jpg
IMG-2740.jpg
IMG-2738.jpg

D

Deleted member 3568

Kits like this should be banned.

I like to think I'm an ok modeller but I'm really struggling with this pig of a kit, if I were a youngster with no experience in modelling I would have given up and probably never touched a kit again.

Dont these kit manufacturers realise when they release a kit like this they're shooting themselves in the foot, every new modeler is potentially lost with a kit like this.

I'm just glad I decided before I started building it I was going to depict it blowing up.

IMG-2846.jpg
IMG-2847.jpg
IMG-2844.jpg
IMG-2845.jpg

minitnkr

Rabble & escape committee member
SMF Supporter
First Name
Paul
Not too much bleed, could've been much worse. Sprung panels make sense if chopper hit w/ordnance. PaulE

Steven000

WWII and nuts.
SMF Supporter
First Name
Steven
I had this kit on my 'maybe-future-build' list because it was rather cheap priced, but looks like a pain when I read your posts...

Looks good at the moment though :thumb2:
Steven