Academy 1/72 F86-E Sabre

B

Bari

A few photographs of one I've have just finished. This was one that did not want to be built, it fought every inch of the way. Nothing to do with the fit of the bits or putting them together but the amount of times I dropped it. I had to spray it three times as I inadvertently touched it twice and the third time it leapt gracefully off the stick I had shoved up its orifice and split in two on landing. It very close to getting stamped on. Now I've taken the photographs the canopy looks wrong, a bit high at the back. It was a nice kit to make although the decals were quite thick but also very prone to ripping. I also tried to do a panel line wash, I used water colours and every time I cleaned up the excess it took what was in the panel lines as well. Four times I tried even leaving it to dry for two days, I can only think that the engraving was clogged up with paint. In the end I put a few lines in with a pencil.

View attachment 62448

View attachment 62449

View attachment 62450

View attachment 62451

View attachment 62452

View attachment 62453

View attachment 62454

2012-10-18_14-45-05.jpg

IMG_0025.jpg

IMG_0026.jpg

IMG_0027.JPG

IMG_0028.jpg

IMG_0029.jpg

IMG_0030.jpg

Last edited:

flyjoe180

Joe
SMF Supporter
First Name
Joe
Hi Barry. I would never have known that your Sabre has had such a hard upbringing, it looks great. Nice finish on the paint and the pencil lines have done the job well.

B

Bari

Thank you for the nice comments. The silver was Halfords Nissan silver.