colin m

Staff member
SMF Supporter
First Name
Colin
Last edited by a moderator:
F

Fenlander

Mmmmm, Colin, that is one mean looking aircraft. Very nicely done mate and your outdoor pics are spot on, love the low angles, give a sense of size and scale. Great looking build, the shark mouth looks well worth the effort.

stona

SMF Supporter
First Name
Steve
Very nicely done. That camo looks suitably sun bleached as it would parked out in the North African sun.

They look meaner than they were! I don't think "Fritz" in his brand spanking Bf109F would be worried about having a go at one of these. That said 112Sqn and their Aussie colleagues did alright for themselves.

Cheers

Steve

yak face

Wossupwidee?
Staff member
SMF Supporter
First Name
tony
Excellent job colin! The warhawk/tomahawk/kittyhawk etc. always look great in the tropical camo and youve done a top job on this beautiful little kit.The sharksmouth was worth the effort , it looks great!Top photos too, cheers tony

colin m

Staff member
SMF Supporter
First Name
Colin
Well Graham, the photo's. I'm not a photographer by any stretch of the imagination, but there I was one Sunday afternoon when I should have been doing something else when I just noticed how low the sun was in the garden and thought now, pictures now ! Idealy I needed a few Kg's of sand to complete the effect, but that's just a bit too far (well for now)

Steve, I do believe the P40 was a bit out dated and not a favoured aircraft of a few pilots ! But I saw one at Cosford two years ago and was captivated by it's lines. Even if It didn't perform too well in action, it has the 'right' looks for a fighter. I might have to allow myself the indulgence of a 1:48 P40.

And Tony, it's all your fault, you built the Academy P40 some time ago, but being braver than me, didn't you paint the sharks mouth ?

Regards

Colin M........

colin m

Staff member
SMF Supporter
First Name
Colin
Oh and I'm pleased to say, this tniy little 1:72 model only took me about a month. (maybe 5 weeks) Yes it's the sort of model most would do in 5 days ! but I've finally broken my 3 month barrier !!

spanner570

SALAD DODGER
SMF Supporter
First Name
Ron
Cracking 1/72 build, Colin.

I can imagine the trouble the 'shark' caused but you beat it fair and square, well done.

I'm a firm advocate of down and up close pictures, it brings the subject alive, and this is a great example.

You reminded me too of Tony's P-40 and he painted his aircraft teeth on!!!

Ron

yak face

Wossupwidee?
Staff member
SMF Supporter
First Name
tony
"And Tony, it's all your fault, you built the Academy P40 some time ago, but being braver than me, didn't you paint the sharks mouth ?" Hi colin, thats just reminded me actually,remember the post that started it all,where the guy said he'd give anyone a print of the artwork if they built the captured p40? Well i never got my print despite sending my address details via e-mail! Oh well, i enjoyed doing it anyway, even the sharks teeth! cheers tony

C

Caledonia

Hi Colin, that's a cracking finish especially at 1/72, I think you get the most satisfaction if you can pack in the detail and do an excellent paint job at that scale. 5 Star from me. Cheers Derek

colin m

Staff member
SMF Supporter
First Name
Colin
Thanks for the comments gentlemen. It appears I seem to be developing a thing for Academy models. I've ordered an Academy Me 190 for the (non) group build.

Regards

Colin m......

Centurion3RTR

Fossil Raver
First Name
John
:respect2: Now that is one nice P-40 Colin, fine job one the weathering mate.

Have fun, John