Academy/minicraft Super Etandard

T

T. van Vuuren

I got myself the little 1/72 academy/minicraft Super Etandard kit for an IPMS build.I was a litte worried about the quality of the kit as it is a relatively old kit I think.

It does lack some cockpit detail, but nothing to write home about.A nice bang seat,peddals and stick. The pannel has no decal of detail on it ,so I will have to come up with something there.Also no sidewall detail, but the interior is black, so very little will be seen anyway.

Some dryfitting of the fuse halves and wingroot is almost perfect!I hope it works out that no filler will be needed.

The decals on the other hand is not good atall :sad: The french roundals are off centre with the yellow outer part and the Argentine rudder decal is not towell printed.

Not a big worry as I was going for the French "AeroNaval" sceeme and have some extral roundals from a 1/72 Allo 3.

I must admit that I do fancy these french birds!

Pix to follow

Theuns

T

T. van Vuuren

Here is the office sofar. Very basic, but in all balck and enclosed in the fuse not much to see anyway.

I will most likely leave the canopy open and make ground covers for the engine intakes as there is no detail there.

The only question now is weather to do it in the French or Argentine markings. The Argentine one comes with the # for the plane that sank your ships, but every one does that one and I must admitt the french roundals look better than just an anchor!

The only mod I needed to do is to cut the bottom of the seat to lower it as the canopy fouls on the bang-handle ontop of the seat.I had exactly the same problem with the Mirage F-1CZ

Theuns

View attachment 38647

View attachment 38648

models 001.jpg

models 002.jpg

T

T. van Vuuren

Work to date. I just put the wings on.The wingroor fit was not totally as good as I had hoped, but still way better than some planes I have done!

I might get away wit filling the gaps just with some paint and light sanding.

The fuselarge fit was quite good, a little putty needed on the lower section.

Tail fit was good aswell.The only really "bad" thing with theis kit is the decals that are not printed well atall :sad:

The sun on the Argintine rudder is off centre as is the yellow ring on the French Naval roundals. I will be using a set of aero Naval roundals from anither kit as I was planing on doing the Feench bird anyway.

Sofar I am enjoying the kit and would recomend it to folks that want to do a slightly different model. The detail for 1/72 in the wheelwells and airbrakes are actually very good.

Theuns

View attachment 39773

View attachment 39774

View attachment 39775

View attachment 39776

models 001.jpg

models 002.jpg

models 003.jpg

models 005.jpg

T

T. van Vuuren

It is a tad sorry about the decals, but for under 7 squid for the kit I am not to ticked off.

Theuns

yak face

Wossupwidee?
Staff member
SMF Supporter
First Name
tony
Nice progress theuns, looks like another excellent value academy kit, as you say ,shame about the decals being out of register. Always liked the SuE , very clean looking aircraft, im sure this is going to look great , cheers tony