Ade's Lancaster Build

First Name
Adrian
Well I bought the Tamiya kit nearly 2 years ago, spent a fortune on PE and resin bits and then built everything else always meaning to start this kit next. I've seen the builds on here and can say now it wont be anywhere near the quality but I will be using them as reference points, advice always welcomed as always so heres the little bit I've done so far, I did paint the figures a while back but having bought the seatbelts decided against placing them inside.

View attachment 60325

Adrian

View attachment 61942

004.jpg

flyjoe180

Joe
SMF Supporter
First Name
Joe
Look forward to this one Adrian. Your Lancaster will be great I am sure.

geegad

Can't cheat fate..
First Name
John
nice start ade looking forward to seeing more of your build.and i know it will be a cracker

First Name
Adrian
M

mobear

i`m in love with the PE stuff,and the job you`re doing its great

mobear

geegad

Can't cheat fate..
First Name
John
superb work buddy im in the same place as you pe everywhere put in then paint or the other way round

stona

SMF Supporter
First Name
Steve
Your additions certainly make the rather bland kit interior a lot more exciting. They look really good.Good luck with the rest of the build,it will be am impressive beast!

Cheers

Steve

First Name
Adrian
T

tecdes

Adrian doing well there.

But do you need to rub all the panel joints out. Certainly sand the joints but then you only need to scribe those bits of panel lost in rubbing down not the whole model. Am I missing something here ?

Laurie

First Name
Adrian
The fuselage has all raised lines, if I rub a few down and then scribe em I will have a mix of both, don't think that would look any good?

Adrian

T

tecdes

Ah not taken in that they were raised Adrian. Had that problem on one & never more. Tried scribing on either side of the raised area in the hope of producing a raised panel line. Then filled in the crater bit left on each side. Not really very good & a lot of bother when you could be doing more constructive things.

Laurie

First Name
Adrian
Done a little digging and one chap suggests using Tamiya tape, place it as close as possible leaving a slight gap between two pieces and the use Mr Surfacer to fill the gap, when the tape is removed there should be a slight raised line,,,, or if my luck is anything to go by a huge mess :smiling3:

Adrian

Gern

'Stashitis' victim
SMF Supporter
First Name
Dave
How about using a hair or a very thin strand of wire?

Gern

colin m

Staff member
SMF Supporter
First Name
Colin
Or really thin stretched sprue, to re-instate the panel line. You can then sand it down if it's to big.

Colin M...

mossiepilot

A learner learning
SMF Supporter
First Name
Tony
Nice work on the masks Ade, are they shop bought or home made.

Tony.

Last edited by a moderator: