Afrique Du Nord!!

P

phikoleoputra

Hi all,

Just wanna share my latest small project, completely OOB and scratch build few stuffs. Planning to make it into a diorama, but don't have any idea so far. This was a really old kit from Tamiya SAS Jeep, but a quality kit nonetheless. Any input or comments would be greatly appreciated or idea for diorama maybe. Thanks for looking and hope you like it. Cheers

Leo

View attachment 86360

View attachment 86361

View attachment 86362

View attachment 86363

View attachment 86364

View attachment 86365

image.jpg

image.jpg

image.jpg

image.jpg

image.jpg

image.jpg

Alan 45

Plastic Abuser
First Name
Alan
That's a beauty Leo I like this a lot and you can get an Italieri one which is very similar , also you've done very well on that chipping , very nice :smiling3:

Lee W

Rum before 10 makes you a pirate not an alcoholic
SMF Supporter
First Name
Lee
Very nice Leo, well done mate

Lee :smiling3:

P

Polux

A beauty!! Ihave this one on my stash :rolleyes:

Have an idea that always want to build...but I never found the time and the correct vehicle as well :oops:

Is a sand diorama with a plaster sphinx figure :smiling3: mmmm....:cool:

S

selfps

David Stirling and the originals attacked aircraft on the ground, driving there vehicles up the middle of the runway an destroying them. maybe a diorama of this would be a good idea

D

dubster72

Those kits are old but gold & you've done a great job on it!

I like the runway shoot-em-up idea, maybe with a photo backdrop of burning planes?

P

phikoleoputra

Thanks all for the kind words, I got a british north africa 25 pounder gun +crew in my stash, and that's all I got, maybe I can work on it a bit.

grumpa

SMF Supporter
First Name
Jim
I NEVER criticize only try to give a bit of helpful advice, if you use a diluted mixture of brown and black and do a complete 'dark wash' then gradually bring up original colors by dry brushing, finishing off with slightly lightened original color just to highlight edges. Then on all metal surfaces a mix of silver and black DRY brushed VERY lightly just to catch the edges will give impression of worn metal very nicely just keep at it and eventually you will get the hang of it. Also watch those seams. Just some hopefully helpful hints from an old geezer who has been building for 30 plus years. Also try to be a bit more subtle with the chipping. Sent with love