"After Gazala" Northafrica diorama photos

N

noble

Hi guys this is the final completed diorama entitled "After Gazala" it portrays a german panzer crew resting at a small desert oasis after the battle of Gazala, whilst re-enforcements are being rushed to Tobruk. All the vehicles in this dio are tamiya which have been built straight from the box, the fifures are a mix of tamiya and miniart i hope you enjoy this and all comments are very welcome.

scott

View attachment 21406

View attachment 21407

View attachment 21408

View attachment 21409

View attachment 21410

View attachment 21411

View attachment 21412

View attachment 21413

View attachment 21414

View attachment 21415

Gazala 9.jpg

Gazala 15.jpg

Gazala 13.jpg

Gazala 14.jpg

Gazala 8.jpg

Gazala 3.jpg

Gazala 7.jpg

Gazala 11.jpg

Gazala 10.jpg

Gazala 12.jpg

D

Dograt

:grinball2::cool2: What I can say except I Love it, I love it, I love it. Superb, it is more or less exactly the same as I was going to try to do one day but its German not English. I only hope /wish that if I do ever get the time to do it, that it would look a quarter as good and I would be happy. The water looks superb, I See the bucket !!!!!:bounce8:

I love the guy shaving, I always think of models in a fighting mode as it were and forget to think people had to eat,wash and sleep

Fantastic, thanks for sharing it to

yak face

Wossupwidee?
Staff member
SMF Supporter
First Name
tony
hi scott, this is just excellent! Theres so much going on yet it has a feeling of calm, like hugh says, it wasnt all fighting. The trees and water look brilliant,and the vehicles are just your normal superb standard! well done on a great scene. The only drawback is its making me want to get my dio finished but its still too cold in the shed to do much, damn! I dont know how you find the time to do these models so quick, it only seems like two minutes ago that you were posting the pics of your 1/35 torpedo boats!! keep up the good work ,cheers tony

spanner570

SALAD DODGER
SMF Supporter
First Name
Ron
Absolute top drawer stuff Scott. The shot with the reflections of the blokes is first class. The whole thing is spot on.

Thank you for sharing the whole process with us.

Ron

F

Fenlander

Oh My God, that is just superb. Brilliant work Scott. The whole thing is a truly believable story, it looks so right, nothing out of place, nothing sticks out. Talk about raising the bar, it has just gone off the scale, you have every right to be really proud of it. I think everyone else will agree that posts of work like this makes this forum the place to be. Just superb and many thanks for sharing not only your work but your methods and experiences. It is work like this that inspires us to be more creative and that can only be good.

N

noble

Wow guys what can i say you are making me teary thank you all very much not only for following the build but all comments, and i would say that it is all of you who inspire me to push myself every kit i do.

thanks again.

scott

B

Backbreaker

Scott this is what diorama is all about and yours certainly tells a story.

It keeps your eyes busy with a feast of eye candy showing stories within stories, excellent work mate and one to be very proud of!!

BB.

stona

SMF Supporter
First Name
Steve
One word....Stunning.

Steve

Centurion3RTR

Fossil Raver
First Name
John
Beautiful, there's a lot of life in this one Scott. You get the feeling of friendship made and trust these men had for each other. Top work mate.

John

N

noble

cheers john i have to admit i really enjoyed doing this one it's been rattleing around inside my head for some time now. I agree the closeness of soldiers who have lived trained and fought together and who have lost one of there own is more than just a friendship it is closer than family.

Thanks again and i appreciate the comments they help me to want to do better next time.

scott

P

Paul1978

Truely fantastic Scott. With so much expression and colour as well as advanced level workmanship you've achieved a masterpeice. I found myself staring at the pics for some time because the dio really tells a story. Love it mate!

Paul

N

noble

Thanks paul i appreciate you viewing my stuff and i definately apreciate the excellent comments.

scott

Ian M

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
SMF Supporter
First Name
Ian
Brilliant !

Must get started on some thing soon my self. if its just half as good as this one, I'll be happy!

Well done.

D

dubster72

I wish my laptop was working so I could see this better, but from the little that I can see, it looks as brilliant piece of work Scott. You've taken a leaf from Ron's book & given this a real sense of the period and a life-like quality not often seen in dio's. Well done mate, I look forward to seeing your next one. Patrick

N

noble

Thanks a lot for all the amazing comments guys it is feels good when others actually appreciate it, many thanks again.

scott

R

Richy C

1st class Scott , can`t really say much more all the other guys have said it already, but already looking forward to your next dio mate .

Richy

Gern

'Stashitis' victim
SMF Supporter
First Name
Dave
I said just a few days ago that this was another masterpiece in the making! An' I was right!

I normally hate it when my predictions are right 'cos everyone might think I'm a smart a**e - but for summat this good I'll make an exception and tell you folks: "I told you so!"

Gern

N

noble

cherrs folks ....oh and gern i don't mind you being some what of a prophet.

thanks all

scott