Aftermath ! (Space 2099)

Alan 45

Plastic Abuser
First Name
Alan
On 13th September 1999 a massive nuclear explosion on the moon blasted it out of earths orbit complete with over 300 personnel stationed on moonbase Alpha a staging point to launch space exploration.

This had dire consequences for the earth , every fault line on earth ruptured due to the massive gravity wake of the moon breaking away from earth , every continent on earth suffered massive earthquakes and japan was decimated , massive tsunami destroyed whole coastlines and the USA was devastated by the biggest volcanic eruption ever seen on earth on that day alone 1.2 billion people lost there lives , the world economy collapsed

Eight weeks after this catastrophic event on what some termed biblical the world leaders banded together to help and a new era of cooperation that had never been seen before began.

It was decided that all resources would be shared to help get the entire world back on it's feet no spending was to spent on devices of war or space exploration and all science divisions were ordered to finding ways to help the planet

Nearly ten years after the disaster known as Armageddon day the planet was returning to normal and man once again looked to the stars .

Ground based radar stations once known as SETI picked up a large asteroid moving very slowly towards earth and it was realised that the earth had been pulled out of it's orbit around the sun by 123,000 miles and the earths gravity had captured a large chunk of space debris that was settling into earths orbit and could theoretically become earths new moon

The large asteroid settled into earths orbit and was called Luna II

On 28th march 2078 ground based monitoring stations picked up a signal coming from Luna II and mission was set up to go there and find out what was going on on the surface

The only space worthy craft left were old eagle transporters that had become invaluable in relief efforts so it was decided to send a team to Luna II

But there was apprehension from some quarters as to safety for the crew if this turned out hostile but with no need on earth for military equipment it would be very difficult to build a knew military vehicle that could offer protection , it was decided to refit one of the old Hawk MK IX fighter interceptors to accompany the eagle crew

Launch date 2097

Both vessels launched and headed to Luna II ,scans of the surface revealed the signal was coming from a mound of rock but would have to be dug out and that would take time

View attachment 79326

View attachment 79327

View attachment 79328

View attachment 79329

View attachment 79330

View attachment 79331

View attachment 79332

View attachment 79333

View attachment 79334

image.jpg

image.jpg

image.jpg

image.jpg

image.jpg

image.jpg

image.jpg

image.jpg

image.jpg

P

Polux

-Pshhh....pshhh, Huston....we have a very nice surface here...! :P

Simple and genial...so....a perfect one :smiling3:

Polux

Alan 45

Plastic Abuser
First Name
Alan
Cheers Polux it is very simple to do I'm pleased you like it :smiling3:

eddiesolo

It's a modelling time!
SMF Supporter
First Name
Si.
Yes! Superb modelling and a great back story tying all together beautifully. Great work Alan, really like this, only think I would change is to replace the Hawk's pylons with with clear rod, but that is a small detail. Well done.

Si:smiling3:

Alan 45

Plastic Abuser
First Name
Alan
Cheers si I'm pleased you like it I think the surface has come out just how I wanted it which doesn't happen to me that often :smiling3:

D

dubster72

Ah Space 1999! How it all comes flooding back!

I'm glad you did this Alan, coz there's never a mention of the chaos left back on Earth!

This is a top diorama, excellent backstory & fine attention to detail.

Cheers

Patrick

Lee W

Rum before 10 makes you a pirate not an alcoholic
SMF Supporter
First Name
Lee
Wow! I remember the programme:confused:, I don't remember the backdrop being as good as this! Well done;)

Alan 45

Plastic Abuser
First Name
Alan
\ said:
Ah Space 1999! How it all comes flooding back!I'm glad you did this Alan, coz there's never a mention of the chaos left back on Earth!

This is a top diorama, excellent backstory & fine attention to detail.

Cheers

Patrick
Cheers Patrick I decided to expand on the story to give it a bit of energy to the dio :smiling3:

Alan 45

Plastic Abuser
First Name
Alan
\ said:
Wow! I remember the programme:confused:, I don't remember the backdrop being as good as this! Well done;)
Cheers mate I'm pleased you like it :smiling3:

monica

“When there's no more room in hell, the dead will
SMF Supporter
First Name
monica
well done do like it and the moon surface is great ,

geegad

Can't cheat fate..
First Name
John
cracking little dio great ground work works a treat

N

noble

Quality work as always Alan, nice dio and I still love space 1999.

scott

Alan 45

Plastic Abuser
First Name
Alan
Cheers folks I appreciate the kind words :smiling3:

colin m

Staff member
SMF Supporter
First Name
Colin
Space 1999. I remember having a bit of a thing for the Doctor lady.......................

Alan 45

Plastic Abuser
First Name
Alan
\ said:
Space 1999. I remember having a bit of a thing for the Doctor lady.......................
You mean Barbra Bain :smiling3: I was a bit young for that sort of thing when that was first on but I do remember having a strange feeling when I used to see tha alien woman who appeared in the second series :oops:

D

dubster72

Wasn't she a telepath? She'd have known all your deepest thoughts Alan! ;)

tr1ckey66

SMF Supporter
First Name
Paul
Nice sci-fi diorama Alan. I like the Hawk and the base looks great.

I have an Eagle Transporter kit for sale on eBay at the moment. This is making me want to end the auction and build it!

All the best

Paul