Air rifles

stillp

SMF Supporter
First Name
Pete
A few years ago I started an interest in target shooting with air rifles, which had to stop due to shaky hands and poor eyesight! However I'd placed 'wanted' ads for airguns in a few places, and had to answer all the replies, so I ended up with a 'stash' of something over 22 rifles, all working though some need attention. I think I need to sell a few...
Is anyone on here interested, or does anyone have a suggestion for where to sell them? Ebay won't accept them.
Pete

AlanG

Staff member
SMF Supporter
First Name
Alan
Think you can only sell them in designated places now such as shooting clubs and magazines. Laws are even tighter in Scotland as stupidly you have to have a licence to have an air rifle. That's the main reason i don't have my HW85K and Falcon FN19SB now :sad:

Good luck

stillp

SMF Supporter
First Name
Pete
15 of them were from a deal I made with a gun shop owner who'd taken them in part exchange. He needed the space...
Pete

PaulTRose

Dazed and confused
First Name
Paul
Got to say that 22 is the same stash mentality involved in buying kits......can't help but buy them cos they are cheap in a deal but no idea when they will get used :smiling5:

Mr Bowcat

SMF Supporter
First Name
Bob
When I got my Firearms Certificate I bought a 7 rifle safe thinking it would be big enough. There's 9 in there now and I don't think I can fit any more in! :D

In terms of sales, AirGunBBS.com is the largest UK forum for air rifle shooting and has a good sales section, but you have to have over 100 posts to sell. I've been a member for donkeys years, so if you would like me to post a thread in sales section for you I can do, and just refer people to you by phone or email. Send me a PM if interested.

First Name
Noel
Did not know you have to have a licence for an air rifle in Scotland.
It can be a lethal weapon given certain circumstances and conditions and can certainly take someone's eye out more easily. Used sensibly for target or vermin shooting is quite OK as far as I can see.
Much more dangerous is the proliferation of powerful crossbows that in the main are designed for serious hunting of larger animals. As far as I know you can buy one of more and not need any form of licence.
Broad head hunting bolts are not allowed to be sold in the UK as bow hunting is illegal in the UK. But a target bolt shot from a crossbow could still very easily kill someone.

KarlW

Mediocre modeller extraodinaire.
SMF Supporter
First Name
Karl
It can be a lethal weapon given certain circumstances and conditions and can certainly take someone's eye out more easily. Used sensibly for target or vermin shooting is quite OK as far as I can see.
Much more dangerous is the proliferation of powerful crossbows that in the main are designed for serious hunting of larger animals. As far as I know you can buy one of more and not need any form of licence.
Broad head hunting bolts are not allowed to be sold in the UK as bow hunting is illegal in the UK. But a target bolt shot from a crossbow could still very easily kill someone.
Need a licence in Northern Ireland too.

AlanG

Staff member
SMF Supporter
First Name
Alan
It can be a lethal weapon given certain circumstances and conditions and can certainly take someone's eye out more easily.

It was introduced after a public and political knee jerk reaction to a young lad being killed with an air rifle up here. I cannot write any more then that because it would be offensive and far to political. But just suffice to say i don't like it.

KarlW

Mediocre modeller extraodinaire.
SMF Supporter
First Name
Karl
It was introduced after a public and political knee jerk reaction to a young lad being killed with an air rifle up here. I cannot write any more then that because it would be offensive and far to political. But just suffice to say i don't like it.
More obvious reasons here, paintball markers are/were included, yet airsofting has a scene.

First Name
cliff
A few years ago I started an interest in target shooting with air rifles, which had to stop due to shaky hands and poor eyesight! However I'd placed 'wanted' ads for airguns in a few places, and had to answer all the replies, so I ended up with a 'stash' of something over 22 rifles, all working though some need attention. I think I need to sell a few...
Is anyone on here interested, or does anyone have a suggestion for where to sell them? Ebay won't accept them.
Pete
I've bought a few and sold a couple on this forum,it's the best place to sell.

AlanG

Staff member
SMF Supporter
First Name
Alan
It is a good forum. In the past i got permissions for a few places down in England because of that forum. Not been there for a while now though

First Name
cliff
It is a good forum. In the past i got permissions for a few places down in England because of that forum. Not been there for a while now though
The original founder died last year,someone saved the forum and it's back up and running well.I'm always looking at the for sale section,you see some good old guns on there,they always seem to sell.
Mind you,if you go on there you might end up with more guns instead of less.

AlanG

Staff member
SMF Supporter
First Name
Alan
Sold my Hw85K on there for a decent price :smiling3: