Airborne's 1/35 Takom Bergepanzer 2A2

Scratchbuilder

SMF Supporter
First Name
Mike
I’ve said it before, but I’m convinced Takom’s instructions are drawn up by people who have never built a real kit in their lives, but have only done so on their computers. Where parts are never impossible to hold, always fit exactly as they should, don’t get in the way, and don’t break from handling. Luckily for me, I’ve not followed instructions from start to finish for probably 40 years, because when I did try to do that with Takom’s M29 Weasel, I found it to be just about impossible to build the model as you’re told to. By step 5 or 6, IIRC, I gave up and just built it my way instead.
I know Jakko, I sometimes dispair with the instructions....

Airborne01

SMF Supporter
First Name
Steve
The cabling is not too much of a problem really as only a cm or so is exposed unless you build with the jib raised and the block lowered - I'm building closed down as there's a place on a shelf earmarked for it! There's a surprising amount of detail hidden when the jib is lowered

Airborne01

SMF Supporter
First Name
Steve
The cabling is not too much of a problem really as only a cm or so is exposed unless you build with the jib raised and the block lowered - I'm building closed down as there's a place on a shelf earmarked for it! There's a suprising amount of detail hidden when the jib is lowered

Airborne01

SMF Supporter
First Name
Steve
That looks the business, how are the knees?
I have found that recently the kit instructions omit certain parts or even give you a part and then it is not on the sprue they say it is....
Just recently when building the Doher I was looking for a part - went through the sprues A - Z and it was only when I realised the there were three sprue B for example, one large sprue and then two smaller sprues which I thought were more sprues. It was only when I checked the sprue layout on the instructions that all became clear....
I've just returned from working away and have just re-read this! Sorry to disappoint but the Carpet Monster never even got a sniff! Out of all the components there were only two end-caps with one hole 'blind' and one track link that broke - well impressed I was!
Steve

vizenz

SMF Supporter
First Name
Andreas
Looking good Steve! Seems like a good kit. I have to admit I'm a little jealous. Such a beautiful injection moulded Bergepanzer 2 in 1/72 would be a dream.

vizenz

SMF Supporter
First Name
Andreas
There’s a resin one from Modell Trans, but I have no idea how good that is. It also seems fairly expensive to me, at €40.
The original Model Trans models are really excellent (they now also sell 3D prints under license).
But since a lot of manufacturers are now coming onto the market again with 1/72 models - and don't shy away from exotic models, I hope that maybe someone will take pity and produce a Bergepanzer 2 (or a Bergepanzer 3, or an M47, or a Gepard, or . ...) :tears-of-joy: