Airbrush Booth extractor.

wonwinglo

SMF Supporter
First Name
Barry
I am toying with the idea of making a small spray booth complete with an extractor fan for use with an airbrush,the commercial ones are very expensive but having seen the deadly droplets of suspended atomised paint hanging in mid air ( a darkened workshop,will show these up remarkably well as it did with me yesterday evening !) I have decided that it is time to act,does anyone have any ideas on a safe and practical unit that could be made up at home ?

Thank you.

G

Goldie

Hi...you could use 25x25 mm as a framework..and staple polythene to it. Make up four panels and hey presto...just need some imagination on how to mount the extractor.Hinging may be a problem...possibly mounted so that it could be to fold up and stored easily

H.T.H

wonwinglo

SMF Supporter
First Name
Barry
Hi...you could use 25x25 mm as a framework..and staple polythene to it. Make up four panels and hey presto...just need some imagination on how to mount the extractor.Hinging may be a problem...possibly mounted so that it could be to fold up and stored easilyH.T.H
*** Thanks Mark,any suggestions on what I can use for an extractor fan ?

K

Kiwi

I would perhaps be a bit dubious about having an extractor fan mounted too close, as the interface between fumes and arcing motor brushes could be a problem. What about a belt driven fan so as to keep the fumes from going through the motor?

Fan possibilities could be ordinary kitchen type or at a lower voltage one out of a car air conditioning/ heater system, or just a simple one with twisted blades.

wonwinglo

SMF Supporter
First Name
Barry
Yes good point Kiwi,a car unit seems to fit the bill run from a battery for occasional use,thanks for the suggestion,its down to the scrap yard to see what I can find ?