Aircraft Carriers

M

missy

Hi everyone!

I have a 7yr old son besotted with model aircraft. We have a growing collection of various machines of different scales but his real passion is aircraft carriers. Being a mere "girly" I don't know where to start looking for decent model ac carriers.

Does anyone know where I could purchase a model carrier? I would prefer diecast (they endure "playtime" much better than plastic). I (we) are not fussed about the nationality - he's just as happy playing with US military machines as he is with Royal Navy/Air Force.

Any help/advice/links will be greatly appreciated!

Cheers

Missy

D

duncan

There are diecast models of ships ,including aircraft carriers, from small niche market companies like White Ensign Models. They are usually to a very small scale and I`m not sure they would be suitable for a small child for everyday play. Try a Google for "die-cast model ships". Revell do a reasonable Invincible class RN carrier at a nice handy scale in plastic. Filling the hull with car body filler (Isopon ,with very little hardener for slow curing therefore no heat) will make it a bit more robust. Be carefull, he might grow up to want one of these ! (see pic below)

View attachment 7328

/monthly_2004_12/ro5c.jpg.9d45aa9e57444739ddf6a8ced4e7fc68.jpg

View attachment 12023

View attachment 12623

ro5c.jpg

Last edited: