airfield tractor

papa 695

Staff member
SMF Supporter
First Name
Ian
Hi Terry a nice start with a bit of a black wash inside the engine should look fine. What scale and make is it ?

0ne48thtel

Hi Ian it is 1/48 and it came with an esci aircraft support group kit

0ne48thtel

this one is complete the tow hooks are all on and I have added an orange light on the top made from a bit of styrene rod and a clear injection piece of sprue. I have flat spotted the tyres on the bottom as it did not look right sat right up on the tread. Your comment and crits good or bad are welcome

View attachment 70123

View attachment 70124

View attachment 70125

View attachment 70126

View attachment 70127

View attachment 70128

View attachment 70129

View attachment 70135

View attachment 70136

trt23.JPG

trt29.JPG

trt30.JPG

trt32.JPG

trt33.JPG

trt34.JPG

trt36.JPG

trt38.JPG

trt39.JPG

0ne48thtel

As a completed piece I am unsure wich catagory to place it in any ideas?

Ian M

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
SMF Supporter
First Name
Ian
Well Terry, you do like to give me a challenge don't you, lol

I have placed this in the soft skin section for you.

Now If I may be so bold I would suggest that instead of a thread for each element of a diorama, open one thread for the whole thing and put everything in there...

Makes life so much easier for you as you only have to post one place, and we only have to look one place ;)

Also while I am at it, we have sections for under construction and completed. When you have finished a build don't hide the finished model in the construction. Be proud and post a new thread and show it off. We all love to see what people have built.

Ian M

0ne48thtel

Thanks for that Ian and in future I shall remember not to open so many threads and keepit tidy ;)

stona

SMF Supporter
First Name
Steve
Nice one. I see that you went for a green/olive colour.

I've got a 1/72 bomber re-supply kit with various RAF vehicles, including a tractor, to build.I haven't got the faintest idea what colours to use either. I watched "Night Bombers" which includes some good colour footage of a WW2 bomber station and am none the wiser. The vehicles appear to be in RAF blue/grey or olive drab for the most part though some have a disruptive pattern in a very dark colour, maybe black, applied.

Does anyone know if there were any rules or did they make it up as they went along ?

Cheers

Steve

0ne48thtel

Sorry Steve I can't help with that all the air support equipment/vehicles I have seen of that era as you say were painted in the blue/grey. These have only been seen at museums around the country.

Ian M

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
SMF Supporter
First Name
Ian
I think Steve that when the was was in full swing that the ground support where painted pretty mush the same as all other vehicles at the time.

The classic blue yellow tanker with the top mounted booms is by the way post war...

Dark earth overall or with black top disruption. I think also that the RAF blue trucks where also post war. This is just off the top of my head. I'll check later.... :smiling:

Ian M

Alan 45

Plastic Abuser
First Name
Alan
Nice build terry I love the detail on the engine :smiling3: