Airfix 1/32 Aston Martin DBR9 Gulf - First Model

C

Curtis

Ok, so heres my first complete model.

Thought I'd start of small, low budget just to get the hang of things. I've got a couple of other lower cost kits to complete too (which I'll also post) before I start my YZF-R1 :smiling3:

I know it isn't anything special but practice makes perfect as they say!

Constructive criticism please guys!

View attachment 44767

View attachment 44768

View attachment 44769

View attachment 44770

View attachment 47928

View attachment 47929

View attachment 47930

View attachment 47931

IMAG0701.jpg

IMAG0702.jpg

IMAG0703.jpg

IMAG0704.jpg

M

mobear

wheres james may?lol,there are some really good car and bike builders here who might give you pointers on making straight lines without ruining the paint job,apart from that its a great starter

mobear

yak face

Wossupwidee?
Staff member
SMF Supporter
First Name
tony
Great job curtis , and 1/32 too, not an easy scale for cars ! cheers tony

A

andyrobs

Hi Curtis, looking great mate, especially for your first build!!!

Cheers, Andrew

C

Curtis

Thanks a lot guys!

Mobear: I really should of spent more time trying to perfect the lines but I was so eager to get it finished and move onto my next model that my patience kind of went outta the window!

I used the acrylic paints that came with the kit for this build, and have recently started getting kits without the paint so I could try out the enamels, and I seem to be getting better results with the enamel paints so will probably avoid the starter kits from now on and get my paint collection going!

M

mobear

cool then everyone here is a prolific builder,i`m still really new to this plastic lark but learning and having lots of fun too,so wlcm aboard

mobear

C

CDW

Looks good to me too.

Used to buy these 1/32 kits and screw them on Scalextric chassis, there weren't as many car options back then as there are now.

Keep the builds coming :smiling3:

D

delmonteman

Gulf colours make things look fast without even moving.

C

Curtis

The Gulf colours do look really smart i've got to admit =P

Colin - I bought this kit without really understanding scales or looking into it to be honest, but now I know I understand that these kits are produced in 1/32 so they have the option of being converted to scalextric, pretty good really but can't say I'm into scalextric. Suppose it creates a bigger sense of achievement for scalextric fans if they can build their own cars as well.

S

Saj

Hi, i'm new to model building aswell. I must say that is a million times better than my first attempt which was a disaster, Saj

C

Curtis

Thanks Saj, I've got three models all currently being built and ive got to say a couple of them aren't going as well as the aston did!

S

Saj

I've got a Revell 2010 Camaro which I can't wait to start but I've been having some problems painting. I've got some really useful tips from the guys on the paint forum so I should be starting that very soon. Look forward to seeing your new builds, Saj

C

Curtis

And yours too Saj. I've looked at a few Camaros myself on eBay, definitely something I would consider building when I've got my others out of the way! I'm trying to limit myself to one drawer of unstarted models so I don't end up with a gigantic stack of them that'll probably never get finished!