This is a great kit! to think it is "only" 1/72 scale is quite something! And I might add that you are doing a great job of it as well!
The 'rigging' on the Swordfish was indeed rod rather than wire. Stainless steel which was more often than not painted, (the degree of how much paint stayed on them is another thing).
I would think that it might be possible to fix the rigging in the fuselage and thread it through the wings, as you build them, then trap them in the ends of the wings as you glue them together at the tips... maybe. :-)
Well then, I haven't forgotten about this build, work is progressing, but unfortunately the big computer is broken and whilst we have a 'bank' of laptops ( Collective term for laptops ? I think I made that up) around the house, I can't stand the things. So, the wings are polished, ready for assembly and rigging - here we go.........1:72 rigging...........yeah............
Thanks for the input lads. I've had a bit of a break due to a dodgy computer hence no updates. But I have done a bit, really.
All painted up ready for some decals and a wash. No problems to report to get to this stage. I did pre-shade first which has worked quite well, even through the silver. I used dark grey under the grey bits and black under the silver. Rudder and elevators are both off set, just because the kit allows you to do so if you wish.
After the gloss coat, decals and wash. The large red and blue decal was a bit of a pain. It was well oversized and had to be cut carefully to fit. And yellow bombs, what's not to like about yellow bombs.