Airfix Harrier 7/9

B

backonthecase

Here we go, first in a while.... (post and model building haahaa)

Comments welcome

Stuart

B

backonthecase

It has a mad amount of detail for 1/72 and is a hundred miles from old skool airf*x nonsense... Thick sprue gates and badly fitting LERX are the only gripes so far...

Thanks for the comments :smiling3:

Gern

'Stashitis' victim
SMF Supporter
First Name
Dave
I thought that was 1/48 'til I read your thread. Got to agree there's some nice detail there.

Gern

yak face

Wossupwidee?
Staff member
SMF Supporter
First Name
tony
Hi stuart , nice to see you back . The harrier looks great , cheers tony

T

tecdes

Looking good Stuart. I am a little behind you on a 1/48 Tamiya. Looking at that your detailing although a smaller scale looks far better than the Tamiya. The Tamiya have used raised panel lines etc which are as far as I am concerned impossible to replicate if you lose them in preparation work.

Mine is a Sea Harrier Falklands type. Which is yours ?

Laurie

B

backonthecase

Thank you for the welcome back and the kind comments dudes, I promise not to be so long next time hahaha!

Laurie, I've seen the Sea Harrier kit that you're doing, it looks awful like the old airfix mould one too, but one has to hope it's better!!! This is the ban up to date Mark 9/9A from Afghanistan. There's even a special scheme for the last flight back to the UK, but I'm making this one ZD433(i think) affectionately known as Dirty Harry when it was displayed at the Yeovilton Navy Museum (although it's an RAF bird)

C

Caledonia

Hi Stuart, Looking good, I have the 1/48 Hasagawa GR MK7 in my stash so will be keeping a close eye on this build. Best of luck. Derek

B

backonthecase

Thanks Derek, appreciate the feedback.

I envy you having that kit, I've been trying to find the cheaper revell repop but it's discontinued. that and the Trump 32nd are my holy grail models...

Stuart

B

backonthecase

2nd primer coat and preshading....

Looks harsh but he ain't called Dirty Harry for nothing: -

Comments, criticism and general dog's abuse welcome.

Stuart

B

backonthecase

Ok dokey then (after thinking my compressor was fecked, turns out i was trying to top it up when it was already above the pressure switch cut off level) got light grey coat 1 and 2 on the wings....

1st coat

2nd

Getting there.

Stuart

B

backonthecase

Thank yer :smiling3: Might get the light bits masked off tonight and perhaps started on the med grey

Stuart

B

backonthecase

First coat of the middle grey done. Happy with this, only going to top it up with a thinned down version then mask up for the dark grey.

Stuart

C

Caledonia

Coming along nicely their Stuart. Funny when you see someone else build a model you have in your stash, how you get the urge to start your own one. Cheers Derek

B

backonthecase

I know what that feels like Derek! Been tempted soo many times. Advice wise i'd encourage a razor saw rather than snips to take the parts off the sprue, that and you'll need to sand the top of the fuse to get the lerx on

Thanks

Stuart

B

backonthecase

Update, masking off, kaching!

Comments, crit, abuse and skullduggery welcome.

Stuart