Airfix Herrick : 1:48 : Quadbikes

L

Laurie

Revell Apache (Comanche Devil) is now a wreck and the Hasagawa Apache is approaching from Japan in two weeks. Only place you can get them not even John very strange.

So a feel in which has been on the shelf 12 months another for my Herrick Afghanistan group.

After the Revel this is a revelation in every way. It looks a cracking kit. The sprues are the best i have seen and the instructions are just incredible.

Just a nice unusual kit to build. There are two Quads in each kit with drivers and 4 infantry.

Laurie

View attachment 113860

View attachment 113867

View attachment 113865

View attachment 113862

View attachment 113863

View attachment 113864

View attachment 113861

View attachment 113866

box.jpg

DECAL.jpg

instructions 2.jpg

instructions.jpg

P7070720cmaouflage.jpg

soldier.jpg

soldiers.jpg

sprue.jpg

flyjoe180

Joe
SMF Supporter
First Name
Joe
That does look rather good Laurie. Look forward to seeing it come together.

monica

“When there's no more room in hell, the dead will
SMF Supporter
First Name
monica
look like very nice bikes and figures,Laurie.,

will look forward to seeing your build of these ones, ;)

D

dougie

cool as, look forward to these - good luck with the cammo job too

M

My Model Car Workshop

Very nice Laurie and a nice set of instructions too. It looks a well made kit. Not seen any like this before. What scale is it?

L

Laurie

\ said:
Very nice Laurie and a nice set of instructions too. It looks a well made kit. Not seen any like this before. What scale is it?
1:48 Geoff. Part of the Herrick kits Airfix produce. Finished the Merlin, Landrover MK1K and the Jackal of the set.

Laurie

M

My Model Car Workshop

Thanks for that, should look nice when you finish them. Not being military kit minded, I suppose the three main scales are 1/72. 1/48, and 1/35.

I think I'll stick with Civillian stuff at 1/24 or 1/12, my eyesight is not as it was twenty years ago.

L

Laurie

\ said:
Thanks for that, should look nice when you finish them. Not being military kit minded, I suppose the three main scales are 1/72. 1/48, and 1/35.
I think I'll stick with Civillian stuff at 1/24 or 1/12, my eyesight is not as it was twenty years ago.
Geoff 77 in 3 months so you are a young man. I have readers but I also got the optician to make me up another pair more magnified which gives me very good sight. also have a Pair of Loups. Magnifiers which fit over the head and the specs. Works fine I can do all that is needed.

Laurie

grumpa

SMF Supporter
First Name
Jim
Nice subject, "quads" as we call them here are very popular almost every body round these parts has at least one or several, great for dragging deer from the woods but can be very dangerous when operated irresponsibly. This is my favorite, no dragging as it can bruise the meat, with this you just chuck em in the back and go...........JimView attachment 113897

th?&id=JN.x3cuat3TWM%2bg87z2MlHhIQ&w=300&h=300&c=0&pid=1.9&rs=0&p=0&r=0.jpg

A

Airfix Modeller Freak

\ said:
Revell Apache (Comanche Devil) is now a wreck and the Hasagawa Apache is approaching from Japan in two weeks. Only place you can get them not even John very strange.
So a feel in which has been on the shelf 12 months another for my Herrick Afghanistan group.

After the Revel this is a revelation in every way. It looks a cracking kit. The sprues are the best i have seen and the instructions are just incredible.

Just a nice unusual kit to build. There are two Quads in each kit with drivers and 4 infantry.

Laurie

View attachment 124933

View attachment 124940

View attachment 124938

View attachment 124935

View attachment 124936

View attachment 124937

View attachment 124934

View attachment 124939
2 weeks, from Japan? Well, I ordered an Iwata HI Line airbrush from Hobby link Japan, and they said it would take 10-30 days to turn up, and it took around 3 weeks. I don't know why, but postage from japan is normally quick. Please post when you recieve yours. Interested to know.

Cheers, John

A

Airfix Modeller Freak

BTW, the detail on the figures and the cad instructions look excellent. Are all the airfix instructions like this now?

John

L

Laurie

\ said:
BTW, the detail on the figures and the cad instructions look excellent. Are all the airfix instructions like this now?
John
This is the first one like this with the 3d and shading effects. Great advantage is you can see exactly what is happening.

This is the first Airfix with this top standard of instructions. But all the Herrick ones I have have instructions which are very clear and precise and the best I have seen except for the quads one.

I suspect this was a tester on a small model .

Laurie

L

Laurie

Good start in the engine bay.

A little bit of tidying up but nothing major. Very nice plastic to work with. Sands easily and with a smooth finish.

The finish is virtually the surface needed for a good grip with primer.

Good clear instructions make it easy. All fitting well for a small complicated object in 1/48. Some filler needed.

Good fun to build. Interesting part is building two at the same time. Just shows how two model can be built with

identical sprues but each throwing up differences when constructing.

Noticed with military vehicles the more complicated painting work compared to aircraft. Mixture of black and

sand colours very close. Not practical to paint any parts up to now before assembly. Think I will have to

airbrush all in sand colour and the black in the engine compartment hand brushed (oh yucks).

Laurie

View attachment 113963

View attachment 113964

View attachment 113965

engine bay.jpg

engine bay2.jpg

engine bay3.jpg

monica

SMF Supporter
First Name
monica
nice start Laurie,looks good so far, ;)

I just lov how you do things so very neat and clean,and lov the way you show off what your done,

with the steps, ;)

L

Laurie

\ said:
nice start Laurie,looks good so far, ;)
I just lov how you do things so very neat and clean,and lov the way you show off what your done,

with the steps, ;)
Very nice of you to say so Moni. Not always like that used to be harem scarem when ever I attempted anything.

Now I am retired I have time to do things in my time rather than have to fit in with business and running a family.

Not that I would change that at all.

Laurie

monica

SMF Supporter
First Name
monica
I just wish i could be that neat and tidy,and have ever think set out,

other than spending so long to try and find some think,:rolleyes:

just real like how you go about a build,we should all learn from you, ;)

so hats off to you ,and your so lucky having the time,I fit it in when I,

can as someone always can you do this or that or take me hear or there

,pick me up oh my my,:confused::eek::rolleyes:

N

noble

These look beautifully detailed Laurie, and some nice instructions too.

scott

L

Laurie

\ said:
I just wish i could be that neat and tidy,and have ever think set out,
other than spending so long to try and find some think,:rolleyes:

just real like how you go about a build,we should all learn from you, ;)

so hats off to you ,and your so lucky having the time,I fit it in when I,

can as someone always can you do this or that or take me hear or there

,pick me up oh my my,:confused::eek::rolleyes:
If you can get tidy it does have an effect. Untidy you spend so much time scrabbling around trying to find this tool or the filler. Then you have mixed up the knife after trying to find the filler.

If you can find a specific place for each tool. Then you just reach automatically to where they are. ;)

My only problem is rearranging things. I am a great logistition moving things about to make things easy then spending 10 minutes trying to find where I put them. :mad: