Airfix Herrick : 1:48 : Quadbikes

L

Laurie

\ said:
I've got this kit in the stash Laurie so watching with interest and a very nice start
Yes it is a nice fill in. Very nice detail. The most interesting part is building two together. You can then appeciate why some when building a model will say "it went together perfectly" others "it is a pig of a model".

Think I will finish one battle scarred with dust etc. The other just arrived from the UK.

Laurie

monica

“When there's no more room in hell, the dead will
SMF Supporter
First Name
monica
\ said:
If you can get tidy it does have an effect. Untidy you spend so much time scrabbling around trying to find this tool or the filler. Then you have mixed up the knife after trying to find the filler.
If you can find a specific place for each tool. Then you just reach automatically to where they are. ;)

My only problem is rearranging things. I am a great logistition moving things about to make things easy then spending 10 minutes trying to find where I put them. :mad:
you know my friend ever word is so,right,but for me it just dose not happen lol,

glad your able to do it,and in one way it lets me have a smoke as well,looking for some think in front of my eyes,lol, :D

L

Laurie

Finished construction. Just effects to give the Afghanistan effect and finishing the soldiers.

14 wheels to paint not so much fun on that one. :eek:

Some fiddly bits but generally a very nice little project. Bit of filling. Most difficult the join half way on the mudguards. But then improves skills. I think.

A fill in waiting for my 1/48 Apache Longbow to arrive. Which it did today hurrah. No break now. :D

Laurie

View attachment 114972

View attachment 114973

View attachment 114974

View attachment 114975

View attachment 114976

View attachment 114977

View attachment 114978

View attachment 114979

1.jpg

4.jpg

5.jpg

6.jpg

7.jpg

8.jpg

P7160742.jpg

P7210754.jpg

flyjoe180

Joe
SMF Supporter
First Name
Joe
That's a great build in itself Laurie, nicely done mate.

B

Bunkerbarge

Two tidy little models that would add to any Afghan diorama. I'm looking forward to seeing you tackle the crew battledress camo though!

monica

“When there's no more room in hell, the dead will
SMF Supporter
First Name
monica
great progress Laurie,looking real good,

Ian M

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
SMF Supporter
First Name
Ian
They look rather good...I look forwards to seeing them all dusted up an with the riders on.

Great job so far Laurie

D

dubster72

Tiny but excellently done Laurie!

And what are you still doing with half pennies?