Airfix new stuff

D

Dave1973

well, i got plenty from the airfix black friday deals, and even though every single airfix kit ive bought has been utter sh1te, i thought, well at less than a fiver for kits that fetch £20 upwards, ill take a punt.

I bought three coyotes, two jackals, the last of their warriors, a lamdrover twin set and two lots of different infantry.

I started one of the Coyotes yesterday, and am now close to completeon ready for paint, and have to say im very impressed. In fact, this kit, although a 1:48 scale, was impressively moulded, with only a little flashing on the sprues, and none on the parts. The detailing was very good, and when parts were mated together, there was a precise union, ready for glue on practically everything. A few parts were a little loose in their respective slots, but compared to old airfix, this stuff is like Meng kits!

So im really looking forward to building the dioramas, ive got two in mind, one will be a couple of coyotes, with a jackal and infantry, one of the coyotes will be made into an IED victim.

The other Dio im thinking the landrovers, warrior and coyote with another infantry set doing the long road run through Helmand.

Does anyone know where i can get 1:48 scale arab or north african buildings? hannants dont show any, and airfix has one, but its a basic building, and £30!