airfix Royal Soverign

• Thread starter Deleted member 3568
  • Start date
G

Graham D

I have to say that the painted plastic looks better. The weave of the fabric is too large

D

Deleted member 3568

Hi all well I know nothing about rigging so I'm going to do a cross between the Airfix instructions and ones I've downloaded off the internet (I could not possibly do them the way they are supposed to be, I don't have a clue as to where to start) I dont even know what the different lines are called.

View attachment 117396

View attachment 117397

View attachment 117398

View attachment 117399

View attachment 117400

View attachment 117401

also I bought this for the ratlines,

View attachment 117402

and this came with the Airfix Wasa, which is easier to use.

View attachment 117403

DSC_0115.JPG

DSC_0116.JPG

DSC_0116gs.jpg

DSC_0117.JPG

DSC_0117gs.jpg

DSC_0118.JPG

DSC_0119.JPG

DSC_0120.JPG

D

Deleted member 3568

Well I know it's not finished but it's sold, my boss's husband came round to show me his car (some little horrors standing on a bridge lobbed a rock as he drove under and stoved in his drivers pillar and windscreen (the cars only a fortnight old £90,000 worth) he spied it and the Reale and said the Reale was too big for his new seaside house but he would buy the sovriegn.

james pithouse

Models are fun just ask kpnuts
First Name
James
Nice job ken well done. doing the paddle steamer out of match sticks started with the king plank (front part) but keeping it static and as you know doing the same boat in remote control.

My pics are under boats under construction. P.s. no more mad ideas please

from your brother

grumpa

SMF Supporter
First Name
Jim
Absolutely Beautiful! Don't think I could EVER deal with all those lines and "rigging" I guess you would call it {not a ship guy} Fantastic work and obvious patients;) I feel if I attempted such a project I would be found in a tangled frustrated heap on the floor:eek: Also the water effects look awesome, Great work;).................Jim:smiling3:

flyjoe180

Joe
SMF Supporter
First Name
Joe
Wow, amazing work Ken, loving the sea base and the rigging. Fabulous job on this old kit.