Allen's 1/35 Brach Models 16 tube Reihenwerfer auf Somua MCG S307(f)

Allen Dewire

Proud Rabble Member
SMF Supporter
First Name
Allen
Good afternoon one and all,

This is going to be my entry into Dave's Halftrack GB. He picked it and thanks for that Sir. The kit is full resin and quite exquisitely cast. I will do a small background on it when I begin the build. First, I have to finish my Mossie before starting this GB. With luck, that will be around the middle of this month. Without further Blah Blah, here's what we got,

IMG_3006.JPG
IMG_3007.JPG
The instructions and they are not too shabby,

IMG_3009.JPG
IMG_3010.JPG
Huge decal sheet and accessoires on the inside of the box lid,

IMG_3008.JPG
The resin castings and you can see how well the pieces are cast. The stubs on them practically fall off without damaging the part,

IMG_3011.JPG
Note the 4 lengths of cast tracks and the two curved sections for the idler wheel. The tracks are molded on the drive sprockets to make life easy. The alu barrels are also pre-mounted in their tube holders,

IMG_3012.JPG
IMG_3013.JPG
What's also nice is the parts are bagged together for the building step at hand. No need to go hunting all over the place for the parts needed. You even get a bunch of 8cm mortar shells. The main body/chassis is cast in one piece and very nicely detailed including weld marks on the armor plates,

IMG_3014.JPG
IMG_3015.JPG
I'm really excited to finally give this fine kit a whirl. I just need to replenish my CA stash before I begin. Hope to see you when I start messing up building her............

Prost
Allen

adt70hk

I know its a bit sad but I like quickbuild kits!!!
SMF Supporter
First Name
Andrew
Good afternoon one and all,

This is going to be my entry into Dave's Halftrack GB. He picked it and thanks for that Sir. The kit is full resin and quite exquisitely cast. I will do a small background on it when I begin the build. First, I have to finish my Mossie before starting this GB. With luck, that will be around the middle of this month. Without further Blah Blah, here's what we got,

View attachment 462015
View attachment 462016
The instructions and they are not too shabby,

View attachment 462017
View attachment 462018
Huge decal sheet and accessoires on the inside of the box lid,

View attachment 462019
The resin castings and you can see how well the pieces are cast. The stubs on them practically fall off without damaging the part,

View attachment 462020
Note the 4 lengths of cast tracks and the two curved sections for the idler wheel. The tracks are molded on the drive sprockets to make life easy. The alu barrels are also pre-mounted in their tube holders,

View attachment 462021
View attachment 462022
What's also nice is the parts are bagged together for the building step at hand. No need to go hunting all over the place for the parts needed. You even get a bunch of 8cm mortar shells. The main body/chassis is cast in one piece and very nicely detailed including weld marks on the armor plates,

View attachment 462023
View attachment 462024
I'm really excited to finally give this fine kit a whirl. I just need to replenish my CA stash before I begin. Hope to see you when I start messing up building her............

Prost
Allen
That looks very indeed Allen. Probably the best resin kit I've ever seen..... Can't have been cheap!

JR

Member of the Rabble and Pyromania Consultant
SMF Supporter
First Name
John
Can I sit at the front please, this should be good.

Jim R

SMF Supporter
First Name
Jim
That looks very nice Allen. We don't see many full resin kits built especially in 1/35 scale. I look forward to your build.

Jakko

Way past the mad part
SMF Supporter
First Name
Jakko
That looks like a very high quality kit, and I must say I’m surprised there is still a wreck of a real one around to photograph :smiling3:

Mini Me

SMF Supporter
First Name
Rick
OK Allen.........I'll sit in with the others, if nothing else, just to keep JR awake. Will you be serving refreshments or is it BYOB Sir? ;)

Scratchbuilder

SMF Supporter
First Name
Mike
WOW!!!! Younger than me,
Can I sit at the back and catch all the flying bits, as I know your eyesight has got to be failing some time soon and you will be scrabbling across the bench looking for them....
Have fun, will keep looking in on your progress.
Prost,
Older than you....

Allen Dewire

Proud Rabble Member
SMF Supporter
First Name
Allen
Damn Rabble, give an old dude a break here, will ya!!!....You guys are killin' me before I even start....But hey, I do appreciate the interest and hope I won't disappoint anyone, so,

Andrew - All of his kits are great and well-cast. His attention to detail is super too. Cheap, they're not, but well worth the price. I ordered this one directly from him and went for €118.00 delivered....
Tim - I love different and this one was on my wish list since it first came out in 2010...
Dude 2 - You always get the best seat my brother and I aim to please...
Jimbo - You and me both Sir! No TET on this puppy, only CA and a lot of finesse using it (I hope)...
Jakko - There are not a lot of pics out there, but enough in B/W from '44-'45 and I really don't know where he found the color ones. Probably one sitting near the woods, rusting away, near Normandy or Caen or somewhere in France. Oh, and that was good one with the link you posted. It gave me a good laugh...
Paul - Yea, ok Buddy, that's why I'm finishing my Mossie first, before I start this build. Yes, it will be finished. Old age and new rules at the table!!!...
Stevie - Glad you like it, and the pigs only fly at a Pink Floyd concert my friend. Right over my head and into the huge ring behind the stage in 1988, in Berlin...
PaulE - Oh, I feel the love from downtown Ohio!!! I hope you guys are doing fine and it's not too hot there...
Rick - I think JR will be ok. Just poke him in the ribs and he'll wake up and of course there will be beverages of all types being served my friend...
Dave - Thanks Sir and I'm with you there. I could probably fill 10 pages with all my unfinished stuff easily. And I wonder why the stash doesn't get any smaller...
Older than me - Thanks Mike and it's good to have you watching out for me. I do hope you are feeling better and can get back to the bench soon. Take care of yourself...

Thanks again for looking in and stay tuned to this station for more info!!!...

Prost
Allen

PS, "This is a recording from Bamberg, Germany...Please stand by".............

Allen Dewire

Proud Rabble Member
SMF Supporter
First Name
Allen
While taking a break from my Mossie hairy sticking escapades, I started cleaning up some of the parts for this build. I also received my order with CA and de-bonder (Just in case) today, so a bit of slinging can start shortly. I took a few pics of some of the parts just to bore you all a bit,

IMG_3078.JPG
Detail is really good and with practically no oopsies in the castings (air bubbles and such). workable suspension and the long track sections have extra links on them just in case,

IMG_3079.JPG
IMG_3081.JPG
Valve stems included and it looks like you could screw the cap off on them,

IMG_3082.JPG
Nicely rendered 98Ks too. You can just see a tad of mold film between them. It's a breeze to remove it.......

More to come, please stay tuned.............

Prost
Allen

Allen Dewire

Proud Rabble Member
SMF Supporter
First Name
Allen
Sorry for the late and even timely replies Gentlemen. Work (yea, I'm retired???) at my mini-job has eaten up a lot of table time lately.....

Paul, Glad to have you aboard my friend. You are always welcome to join in...

Ian, unfortunately not at the moment. I have been cleaning up more of the parts though. I am trying to finish up my Mossie and going loony painting figs and the base for it. I want to finish at least one GB this year........LOL!!!

Jim, Yes Sir, Luciano Brach does a fantastic job creating the molds for his kits. They are not 100% perfect, but I would say at least 95%. His attention to detail and research is truly incredible too. Pricey, yes. But worth every penny of it...

I do hope to get started with the CA in the beginning of October when the Mossie is done (hopefully this weekend) and then jump into this puppy. I am really excited about building this kit!!!....

Thanks for looking in and hope you will bear with me just a bit longer...

Prost
Allen