Allen's Hansa-Brandenburg W.12 "Time To Go My Friend", (build a bi-plane GB)

Allen Dewire

Proud Rabble Member
SMF Supporter
First Name
Allen
Sorry, I had to rest my fingers for a few days so I could respond to your wonderful posts. Old age thing I guess and playing ketchup here too. So here goes and please excuse the broken record,

Well done Dude 1
Think that's worthy of
View attachment 504974
Congratulations.
Thank you Dude 2! I am very honored and thank the committee with a round of cold ones from me...

An excellent result. A tribute to your patience and skills.
Thank you Jim, Jimbo, or Jigs (choose one)! I'm also glad I didn't become a patient in the rubber room too...

A well deserved 'Gong' for a beautiful model.

Very well done, Allen!

Ron
Thank you Ron! Funny thing is, after our flying fish chat, your idea of 'who cares' made me do a deep think through and you were right. Just build it and have fun...And it worked...

Great stuff. Well deserved I’d say :thumb2:
Thanks Tim! I still can't believe it...

Amazing and inspirational!
Thank you too Andy! I do wish I had your paint skills though. Could you please bottle some up and send it to me, TIA...

Well deserved rewards - congratulations mate!
Steve
Thanks Steve! Totally unexpected, to say the least...

A well deserved gong and a dogs. Blimey!!
I just love that propellor - awfully realistic.
Very well done Allen.
Doug
Thanks too Doug! Actually, the propeller finish was an accident, but the coat of clear yellow/clear orange made it work. I can't remember how I did it though...

Allen my friend, that is exquisite. Very worthy of the gong. It just looks fantastic. Nice touch with the figures.
Very well done Sir.
Thanks so much Boss! The fig was a trip as the dog is cast on his left arm. I also didn't paint the buttons, give him a wash and finish painting the (supposed to be) Collie...

Stunning, Allen, stunning. Many congratulations on the well deserved awards too, my friend.
Thanks Fred! One day, before I go tits up, I'll be able to paint figs as good as you did on your fuselages...

Wow Allen, congratulations.
Well worth the accolades in my opinion.
Thank you (Noah) Garry! I think I've finally stopped shaking in my knees from hearing my name called out...

Fantastic work Allen, and well worthy of the gong. Loved watching your build thread of it.
Also many thanks for making the GB possible.
Thanks so much Ian! Your GB was a great thing and I did finish it on time. Amazing!!!

Very, very good. A stunning looking model, Allen. Definitely a worthy medal winner. And a "dog's". :thumb2::smiling:
John.
Thank you too John! I have to admit there were a lot of models in the comp that looked much better than mine and didn't win...

Beautiful - and a well-deserved prize.
Thanks too Dave! Maybe deserved, but my wallet didn't deserve the beating it took at the vendor stands...

Very good-looking model, and congratulations on the award :smiling3:
Thank you Jakko! It's a shame you didn't come to the show...

Congrats on that silver Mr D. That’s spectacular
Thank you too Joe! It totally blew me away and I never did get a cold one to celebrate...

That's a great result. And even better that someone beyond us here has recognised that!
Thank you kindly Chris! I do think they did the judging with the lights turned off though...

A fantastic result Allen, what an ego boost and much deserved too :thumb2:
Thank you Mark! It was a crazy Mojo booster for sure. Now I don't know what to even build...

wow, and well done on the award
Thank you much Steve! I hope you are doing well and all is okay. I miss your figure painting...

Beautiful work allen , its a first class build . Its been great watching this come together , in my eyes its worthy of a gold gong . The rail car and dock section are superb finishing touches as is the figure and his amorous dog ! Youve definitely earned a few cold ones , you can sit having a beer with your medal round your neck ( I bet youve slept with it under your pillow ! ) looking forward to the next WNW job ( next time though we want to see masked up and painted lozenge pattern :smiling5:;))
Prost Tony
You crazy Tony! Funny thing is, I only drank 5 cold ones the whole weekend and they were with dinner. Nah, the medals are put away for now inside a display case I put the Halberstadt dio into. I'm afraid it would be a cold day in hell before I attempt masked lozenge camo. Thanks Buddy!!!

Superb job! Well done, you should be proud.
Thank you too Steve! It's a strange feeling as contests aren't realy my thing. Free entry helped, I guess...

Superb mate that is a beautiful build.
Thanks Bro! I gotta try and keep up with you and your great work. It ain't easy Paul...

Again, a gigantic THANK YOU for all the wonderful comments, moji's and support of my endeavors. Happy Easter and hit the bench and have some fun...

Prost and humbly yours
Allen

Jakko

Way past the mad part
SMF Supporter
First Name
Jakko
Thank you Jakko! It's a shame you didn't come to the show...
I didn’t know there was one (I don’t really keep up to date with them anyway) and I suspect it would probably be unreachable by public transport anyway …

stillp

SMF Supporter
First Name
Pete
Sorry, I had to rest my fingers for a few days so I could respond to your wonderful posts. Old age thing I guess and playing ketchup here too. So here goes and please excuse the broken record,
A likely story! More likely sleeping off the after-effects of celebrating your recent well-deserved awards!
Pete

Allen Dewire

Proud Rabble Member
SMF Supporter
First Name
Allen
I didn’t know there was one (I don’t really keep up to date with them anyway) and I suspect it would probably be unreachable by public transport anyway …
It is pretty far from you Jakko and probably a long train ride. We only go to a few shows a year. One is close by and the others are a 3-6 hour drive away...

A likely story! More likely sleeping off the after-effects of celebrating your recent well-deserved awards!
Pete
Actually Pete, I only drank a few cold ones Sunday night when I got home!!! And sometimes I do get authoritis in my fingers when I type too...Thanks Buddy...

Prost (hic)
Allen

colin m

Staff member
SMF Supporter
First Name
Colin
A simply excellent build Allen. And then you get a medal for it as well. Very well deserved. Looking at your build got me thinking, 'I wonder when it was, that German Engineers started to think about aerodynamics ? '

flyjoe180

Joe
SMF Supporter
First Name
Joe
Allen, just catching up with everything here and I've come across your superb masterpiece. Not much to say that hasn't already been said, but you have to be very proud of this result. A worthy winner of the prize too, would have been shocked if it didn't pick up an award!