American Chopper (ish) Finished, Centurion3RTR

Centurion3RTR

Fossil Raver
First Name
John
It's now finished Woop!! No, i can't say woop really as it was a very enjoyable build and it took me out of my comfort zone. I did have problems though, i was going to fit all the brake lines and wireing. It just wouldn't do as it was told, so now i've made it look like it's going through the frame lol.

View attachment 66246View attachment 66247View attachment 66248View attachment 66249View attachment 66250View attachment 66251View attachment 66252

Build can be found here http://www.scale-models.co.uk/july-sept-2013-gb-motorcycles/19242-american-chopper-ish-centurion3rtr-gb-build.html

Hav fun, John

View attachment 67331

View attachment 67332

View attachment 67333

View attachment 67334

View attachment 67335

View attachment 67336

View attachment 67337

DSCF7858.jpg

DSCF7860.jpg

DSCF7861.jpg

DSCF7863.jpg

DSCF7864.jpg

DSCF7865.jpg

DSCF7866.jpg

takeslousyphotos

No Tears Please. It's a Waste of Good Suffering.
First Name
Peter
A very clean build John, Excellent work. ............ :score: from me.

Just one thing............. The "bitch" needs to chill and relax some for the photographs....... She's a bit wooden.

Peter

john i am

SMF Supporter
First Name
john
Great work on the chopper the guys from OCC would be proud of it. 10/10 I do agree with Peter she does look abit stiff. Was Barbie not available

PaulTRose

Dazed and confused
First Name
Paul
i think thats great.

i like the purple...what is it?.......and i like the painted headlamp, that works a treat too

P

Polux

Very nice and tidy build John!

I'm with Paul, love the purple color!!

Cheers. Polux

spanner570

SALAD DODGER
SMF Supporter
First Name
Ron
That is one class model John, really nice paint job.....I know now't about bikes, but I do know an excellent build when I see one...Big 5 for sure.

Good to see your missus involved too!!lol Don't tell her for gawd's sake!

C

CDW

Well Ron cracked the purple chopper gag so I can't use that :smiling3:

All I can say is its a nice clean build, looks realistic as well, that purple certainly carries nicely down to a scale model.

I'd be well chuffed with that:smiling3:

Worth 5 of anybodies stars.

Centurion3RTR

Fossil Raver
First Name
John
Thanks everyone, i'm chuffed to bits. As for the colour, it's called Amaranth Pearl and believe it or not it's from Rover.

@Peter. She wouldn't sit still mate. That's why there's only one photo and she messed that up lol.

@Paul. The headlamp was a last minute thing. Just didn't look right because i'd de-chromed a lot of the chopper.

@Ron. My lips are sealed mate. Until the next Boddingtons lol.

Thanks again all, loved every minute of this build. And it was nice to join in on the GB too.

Have fun, John

Gern

'Stashitis' victim
SMF Supporter
First Name
Dave
Beautiful job there John. 'an 'ere was me thinkin' that it was compulsory to 'ave flames on all chopper paintwork! *****

Gern

mossiepilot

A learner learning
SMF Supporter
First Name
Tony
Great work John, and that skull carb looks great.

5 stars mate.

Tony

Centurion3RTR

Fossil Raver
First Name
John
Ha ha, Dave, the kit did come with flame decals mate. It was my intention to have flames but I just could not cover that Amaranth Pearl. Not the fact that because I've changed the shape of the fuel tank and rear mudguard the decals wouldn't fit anymore lol.

Tony mate, from the start of this build I was looking for something to use as a carb, but all the spares I have are from tank models. The skull is in the kit and when dry fitted I liked it, so had to stay (plus a 1/48 scale Tiger drive sprocket just didn't look good lol) .

Have fun, John

PaulTRose

Dazed and confused
First Name
Paul
\ said:
As for the colour, it's called Amaranth Pearl and believe it or not it's from Rover.
thanks for that cos i do like the colour............dont worry about it being Rover cos mines a Fiat Punto colour!! :laughing::laughing::laughing:

so...any more bikes planned for the future?

Centurion3RTR

Fossil Raver
First Name
John
I love the colour Paul, but I've been having thoughts of respraying my old Mk3 Capri in it lol.

Yes mate, I can see a two wheeled future. Like the idea of building a streetfighter or something lol. Should be fun.

Have fun, John