First Name
Alan
Last edited by a moderator:

eddiesolo

It's a modelling time!
SMF Supporter
First Name
Si.
Klingons-Federation-large box of Romulan Ale...er Fosters...battle stations or disco galactic party-time!

Good build mate, I know you had issues regarding panel paint and think you have pulled it off, they look great and in keeping with the overall scheme of the vessel. The other colours and decals just break it up and give it more life, like the black hit marks. Well done, I like it.

Si:smiling3:

Last edited by a moderator:
W

Willi262

I played an online mutli-player game called Starfleet Command. (1 + 2 but not SFC3). And the orion pirates supplement. I was one of the best. You know you are good when other players are copying your tactics, thus making you have to out perform yourself. Like the borg, really.

I miss that game. But I used the D7T from time to time. It has the distinction as one of the few designs that use photon torpedos. Normally, that's a federation (starfleet is 70% human) weapon. In the game, Klinks like to use disruptors and drones (seeking projectiles). Even the odd plasma torpedo launcher taken from relations with the romulans. All races in the game rely on phasers, so it hardly needs to be said.

BTW- I loved the cloaked version. Except, the D7T doesn't have a cloak. Only klingon ships with cloaks have a Y in the designation, e.g., E4Y = cloaking frigate. D7T means based on a D7 hull, T = torpedo. Aft and forward launchers. Best to have high ECCM 5/6 and ECM 1/6. Sorry, I did I mention that I miss the game?

Lee W

Rum before 10 makes you a pirate not an alcoholic
SMF Supporter
First Name
Lee
Good build! :smiling3: I would have much preferred to take on that fosters kito_O:D

Lee:smiling3:

Alan 45

Plastic Abuser
First Name
Alan
Thank you folks I appreciate that.

Steve are you referring to the ship in the game or the TV show ? There is several episodes in DS9,TNG,and one from voyager I believe , where thi K ' T ' inga class had a cloak and one of the episodes had ship that was from kirks era

Sorry to pedantic

W

Willi262

No, I was being pedantic.

Like I said, all my knowledge comes from staring at ship lists from the game, and learning everything they could do. SFC2 is more precise than the TV shows of course and that was the nomenclature that I was using. Here are a few others, which mirror real life...

D7G = guided missile cruiser. D7M = marine variant (boarding parties). D7V = Carrier. D7K = heavy disruptors. Some of my favorites were the C7 and C7V, the heavy cruiser and heavy cruiser carrier respectively.

The Enterprise for example would count as a CAI, or Heavy cruiser, Improved. The Reliant would count as an NCA or New heavy cruiser. So in ST2, Khan actually had the better of the 2 ships.

Man how I could keep talking about this... ;)

Alan 45

Plastic Abuser
First Name
Alan
\ said:
No, I was being pedantic.Like I said, all my knowledge comes from staring at ship lists from the game, and learning everything they could do. SFC2 is more precise than the TV shows of course and that was the nomenclature that I was using. Here are a few others, which mirror real life...

D7G = guided missile cruiser. D7M = marine variant (boarding parties). D7V = Carrier. D7K = heavy disruptors. Some of my favorites were the C7 and C7V, the heavy cruiser and heavy cruiser carrier respectively.

The Enterprise for example would count as a CAI, or Heavy cruiser, Improved. The Reliant would count as an NCA or New heavy cruiser. So in ST2, Khan actually had the better of the 2 ships.

Man how I could keep talking about this... ;)
I have a ST game on Xbox and it gives all the rundown on the various starships but there just made up I think I mean in this game the defiant is weaker than a BoP yeah right lol

I think it's just so you don't pick the best ships so you win all the time :smiling3:

W

Willi262

In the end, a klingon ship in star trek had a cloak only when it was important to the story/episode. Sometimes its useless to look for consistency in the make believe...

Alan 45

Plastic Abuser
First Name
Alan
I agree Steve , the show itself is littered with errors I like because it's good , I don't have technical of all the ships or uniforms in the wardrobe nor can I speak Klingon lol

P

Polux

Mmmm....I'm not a Trekie, but this model looks spot on Alan!

Long live to the Sci-Fi models ;)

W

Willi262

\ said:
I agree Steve , the show itself is littered with errors I like because it's good , I don't have technical of all the ships or uniforms in the wardrobe nor can I speak Klingon lol
I can't speak klingon. I've got everything else covered...

N

noble

I like this and I remember the kit too. Very nice build Alan I can't speak king on although I've been told I can swear like one.

scott

Alan 45

Plastic Abuser
First Name
Alan
Cheers Scott I'm pleased you like it :smiling3: