AMT Build quality?

M

Mark P

I have got my eye on a truck from AMT so I am just wondering what their build quality is like?

eddiesolo

It's a modelling time!
SMF Supporter
First Name
Si.
Not too bad, I have done a few AMT and they went together okay. Storage can be an issue on older kits as I had a couple that had deformed.

eddiesolo

It's a modelling time!
SMF Supporter
First Name
Si.
I think they are slightly better than Revell personally, depends on the kit. Revell quality isn't the best. AMT are better quality and if you take your time you can get a good looking model.

D

Deleted member 3568

Yep in fact they have in the past shared moulds and released the same kit under amt and revell. I've not had a problem with them, they used to produce some very unusual kits, I think it's a shame when they stop producing kits, but I suppose it's all down to supply and demand.

D

Deleted member 3568

As a matter of interest is it the dump truck, I built that years ago, I mean 25 or 30 but as I recall it was just fine, no fit issues.

grumpa

SMF Supporter
First Name
Jim
I built an AMT D8H dozer a while back, it was an old kit..70s I believe. All went well...it's on the civilian lorries and such forum under the name "Heavy Metal" Quite enjoyable build.

Good fit, no problems at all.......Jim :smiling3: