An Airbrush must have accessory (in my opinion)

C

Caledonia

When I was airbrushing the camo on my recent Airfix 1/48 Blackburn Buccaneer, the compressor, which has a water trap, was running for a good hour or more and I found that I was getting the odd slug of water passing through the airbrush. To overcome this I have invested in an IWATA Pistol-Grip-Filter, this comprises of a 5 micron filter and a small water trap.

Yesterday I was airbrushing my SR-71A Blackbird, and again I was running the compressor for about an hour and there was absolutely no slugs of water passing; the bowl of the Filter was almost half full, and I must say I had the best surface finish I have ever had when airbrushing. So this inexpensive accessory is a must for me in future.

Hope this is of some use, Cheers Derek

View attachment 31231

View attachment 36303

Filter.jpg

M

m1ks

I second that, this is something every airbrusher should have.

You tend to get moisture build up in the hose over time on prolonged sessions due to condensation, this eventually gets blown through ruining your paint job, you'll notice now you have this if you're spraying prolonged or in humid conditions the filter will fill quite quickly.

Vaughan

SMF Supporter
First Name
Vaughan
Hi there Derek

Looks good where did you get the IWATA Pistol-Grip-Filter from and how much are they to purchase.

Vaughan.

T

tecdes

Interesting as I have a filter at the compressor & this has never had one drop of moisture in it.

The hose supplied has an inline filter which is about 12" (300mm) from the brush end. This does collect moisture, not a lot, but does indicate that the water problem comes in the hose & not in the compressor.

Laurie

C

Caledonia

\ said:
Hi there DerekLooks good where did you get the IWATA Pistol-Grip-Filter from and how much are they to purchase.

Vaughan.
Hi Vaughan,

Please see link below for supplier, they provide an excellent service I very often get things next day. Cheers Derek

https://airbrushes.com/product_info.php?cPath=1_9_52_63&products_id=1425