And now for something completely different.........

T

treyzx10r

..........a Woody!

1/25 scale kit from Monogram

the kit looks pretty good . The flash looks minimal and the decals have the wood grain for the sides on the sheet along with some assorted window graffeti. Started dry fitting and have found a mis molded axle end.

The frame is were I'm going to start . The crossmember support has some alignment issues. No matter how hard I tried to line up all the little holes it just moved the problem to another location. This is going to create some tedious sanding later,ah well wacha gonna do.

I just did the best to minimze it and press on

Ian M

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
SMF Supporter
First Name
Ian
Now when I saw the title, I was half expecting to see you building a Spitfire. But a CAR! I didn't see that one coming!

Ian M

J

John Huggins

That looks cool shame you cant make the wood parts yourself.

I'll be watching this one

John

T

treyzx10r

Thanks Ian it was a surprise to me too lol. A Spitfire ya say hmmmmmmmmmmmmm. John thanks ,I might try the technique for 'painting' on the wood grain depending on how the decals look after they 're on.I've started to putty and sand the frame Here you can see the gaps and poor alignment of the holes in the crossmember support

First application of putty

I used some acetone on a 'Q' tip to smooth it down to minimize sanding.

The frame almost ready for the fiddly bits

yak face

Wossupwidee?
Staff member
SMF Supporter
First Name
tony
Great looking kit trey, even with the slight problems! Are you going to do it stock or rod it? tony

T

treyzx10r

Thanks Ian ,thanks Tony, I'm going with a slightly rodded daily driver look.I fixed up all the fiddly bits and ran some brake lines using copper wire

T

treyzx10r

Frame has a base color now

I think a moon roof is in order so here goes

Finished Mill ready for instal. I added some wiring and tubing

Ian M

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
SMF Supporter
First Name
Ian
Moon roof. Funny that over here we call them sun roofs...

Nice motor.

Ian M

T

treyzx10r

Thanks Ian and Simon. I'm plugging along with the body. Decided to remove most of the chrome trim to clean up the body and make it less busy. I'm also going to remove the front marker lights and replace them with some smaller units,here one side is done

Next the chome trim,before

after

and the Hood before

after

the finished body is almost ready for paint

S

Sky Raider

Nice work Trey. Looks like our version of the Moggy Shed. Morris 1000 Traveller, my bad had one when i was a wee boy lol. Cant wait to see you do your magic on this one.

Andy

yambam26

SMF Supporter
First Name
Ben
Nice work there, Really liking the smoothed bonnet ;)

T

treyzx10r

Thanks Andy,had to google Morris we do'nt have many this side of the pond,you're right real strong resemblance. Thanks Ben appreciate that! I had decided to leave out the back seat,hey its a Beach goin machine after all. This also gave me an excuse to scratch some items and have some fun with it. First a go at a cooler

throw in a few beach towels and we're almost ready,going to add a few more smaller items later,maybe a boogie board,ect

also got the running gear mounted and plumbed

and a little more progress on the body

T

treyzx10r

I finished up the scratched exhaust,I just had to do some duals with the old school 'Cherry Bomb'mufflers

yak face

Wossupwidee?
Staff member
SMF Supporter
First Name
tony
Cherry bombs ! that brings back memories trey! The surfer style seat covers and the cool box are just genius ! fantastic ! this is going to be one wicked looking woody!!! cheers tony

stona

SMF Supporter
First Name
Steve
Looks great Trey. I'm sure my mum had some curtains (that might be drapes over there!) like your seat covers when I was little!

Cheers

Steve

T

treyzx10r

Tony thanks ,glad to see you fellas across the pond know about cherry bombs did'nt realize you could get 'em over there!

Thanks Steve, we call 'em curtains too, funny what we put up over the windows back in the day aint it? I remember my Mom going with some crazy stuff back in the 70's lol.

Ian thanks!

I had an epic paint failure and had to strip it down and start over. That being said I'm just going with a candy over gold and moving on.

yak face

Wossupwidee?
Staff member
SMF Supporter
First Name
tony
Dude , that is bitchin! (is that how they used to talk in california in the 60's!!!!?) OR excellent work old boy! I just love a nice candy apple paint job trey, are you going to whitewall the tyres or leave them as black? It would look amazing if you could get something to look like Moon discs on the wheels too! This thread is seriously making me want a car model !!! cheers tony