And now for something completely different.........

First Name
Drew
That paint job is awesome!

Is that just a thin coat of red over a coat of gold?

Surely it can't be that simple.

Looking forward to seeing the completed model now!

Vaughan

SMF Supporter
First Name
Vaughan
Well that's certainly a change for you Trey. looks like it's going to be an interesting build. Keep the photos coming.

Vaughan

T

treyzx10r

Tony thanks ,yea 'bitch'n' is the correct lingo ! No whitewalls on this one but do have some 'baby moons' to put on it. Hope you pull the trigger on a car build would really dig seeing what you would do with it.

Drew thanks a bunch and yep it really is that simple! The trick is getting even coverage without tiger striping it.

Vaughan appreciate that, yea I gotta change subjects from time to time so I do'nt get burned out!

I did get some progress done in spite of having to work ! The dash I kept simple and used some Formula 500 Canopy glue for the gauge lens

I scratched a Hood scoop

Finished the hub caps with MM metalizer stainless then buffed it a bit for a dull beach worn shine

Wrapped up the interior with some dry brushing over the 'wood' grain to give it a little depth

Then a series of dry brushing and pastels to weather the running gear

Vaughan

SMF Supporter
First Name
Vaughan
Looking good Trey love the chassis weathering.

Vaughan

Ian M

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
SMF Supporter
First Name
Ian
Looking fantastic Trey. I love the paint job. Simple but VERY effective. I might have to try that one day.

Ian M

T

treyzx10r

Thanks Fellas,I'm closing in on it for sure,finished weathering and got the basic assembly complete

windows masked sprayed and inked

while waiting for some paint to dry I scratched up a longboard

Widows and interior in so all the sub assemblies finally come together!

yak face

Wossupwidee?
Staff member
SMF Supporter
First Name
tony
That engine looks great trey, nice work on the frenched headlights too, neat touch! Im definitely going to look out for a car kit when i go to cosford this year, your build has inspired me to do a kustom! cheers tony

T

treyzx10r

Thanks Tony, glad to hear you'll be doing a 'cage' soon! Frenched the front turn signals and getting the wood grain decals on

Vaughan

SMF Supporter
First Name
Vaughan
Hi Trey the wooden panels look very realistic and the metallic paint works well. How's that long board coming along?

Vaughan

C

Caledonia

Hi Trey, thats a real quality build, the paint finish is superb. Cheers Derek