Andi's 1/144 Zvezda Hurricane Mk.I

adt70hk

I know its a bit sad but I like quickbuild kits!!!
SMF Supporter
First Name
Andrew
Coming on very nicely!!

Ian M

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
SMF Supporter
First Name
Ian
Ah! you're doing a 213sqn bird as well. Nice

vizenz

SMF Supporter
First Name
Andreas
Crickey Andreas. That is some micro scale work especially on the decals. Great job
Thank you Steve. The decals actually took a surprisingly long time. Aligning the three letters on the fuselage was much more difficult than expected.
Exactly what I was thinking. The colours look like they are straight from the plans.
I intentionally try to keep the colors very bright. I think that's what the small scale needs.
Coming on very nicely!!
Thank you Andrew.
Ah! you're doing a 213sqn bird as well. Nice
I found this side view and it says No.1 Squadron. But I am completely ignorant when it comes to British aircraft.

1.jpg

Lee Drennen

Box Stock Builder with a Twist/ Rabble Member
SMF Supporter
First Name
Lee
Nice little build the Camo looks great in this scale.

flyjoe180

Joe
SMF Supporter
First Name
Joe
Wonderful scratch building and modifications Andreas. Just one thing you may wish to review, the aileron positions.

Lee Drennen

Box Stock Builder with a Twist/ Rabble Member
SMF Supporter
First Name
Lee
Help me out Joe
Andrea. I thought I could but I think this is a Joe Question. The only thing I can see is that maybe the rear flaps needs to be in the “Down” position if the Aircraft is parked but I’ve seen it in both ways like yours and down.

Last edited:

HAWKERHUNTER

SMF Supporter
First Name
Steve
Thank you Lee.

Help me out Joe, I can't figure it out - what have I messed up? :smiling5:I

In the parked position the Ailerons would normally be in a neutral position ie level with the wing. The rear elevator woulds be inclined towards the ground and any flaps in the closed position. You can bet your life someone will find a picture that contradicts these normal positions.

hh1.jpghh2.jpg

Last edited:

vizenz

SMF Supporter
First Name
Andreas
Andrea. I thought I could but I think this is a Joe Question. The only thing I can see is that maybe the rear flaps needs to be in the “Down” position if the Aircraft is parked but I’ve seen it in both ways like yours and down.
Thanks Lee. I actually turned in the rear flaps a little bit down. That was the first thing I noticed in many hurricane photos.

In the parked position the Ailerons would normally be in a neutral position ie level with the wing. The rear elevator woulds be inclined towards the ground and any flaps in the closed position. You can bet your life someone will find a picture that contradicts these normal positions.
Hello Steve, that was also my first impression when I looked at a few photos. That's why I only folded in the stern rudders a little at first. But then I found a photo of exactly the machine for which I had decals - and see for yourself...

11.jpg

They move opposite to each other, if one is down the other is up.
Thank you Joe! I hope I can correct this somehow. The problem is that the control surfaces of this tiny thing are way too big, so the national roundels go over it... Damn! Good thing I didn't dwell on weathering yesterday! Thank you again, Joe, for the valuable advice.

HAWKERHUNTER

SMF Supporter
First Name
Steve
Thanks Lee. I actually turned in the rear flaps a little bit down. That was the first thing I noticed in many hurricane photos.

Hello Steve, that was also my first impression when I looked at a few photos. That's why I only folded in the stern rudders a little at first. But then I found a photo of exactly the machine for which I had decals - and see for yourself...

View attachment 508060

Thank you Joe! I hope I can correct this somehow. The problem is that the control surfaces of this tiny thing are way too big, so the national roundels go over it... Damn! Good thing I didn't dwell on weathering yesterday! Thank you again, Joe, for the valuable advice.
I wouldn't worry in the slightest Andreas. I will be displaying my Hurricane in the parked position with flaps down so they can be seen.

vizenz

SMF Supporter
First Name
Andreas
I wouldn't worry in the slightest Andreas. I will be displaying my Hurricane in the parked position with flaps down so they can be seen.
Me too it looks great I wouldn’t chance messing up the decals for such a small glitch that most people doesn’t know. I would leave it alone.

Of course you are both right! But I just can't help it... :smiling5:
IMG_20240506_095434.jpg
IMG_20240506_095615.jpg

Now the whole thing has to dry, then there are a few places who need some touch-ups. And then it's finally time for a few (very few) signs of weathering with oil paints.

Best regards,
Andreas