Andrew's 2x 1/72 S-Model Jagdpanthers

adt70hk

I know its a bit sad but I like quickbuild kits!!!
SMF Supporter
First Name
Andrew
Good evening all

So over two months since my last update thanks to work sapping my energy, a lack of mojo and general procrastination.

So I am calling the the two kitties done but I still have to do the two crew. So here's what I've done since the last post:
  • Added decals.
  • Some light chipping.
  • Some panel line washes to make things pop a bit.
  • A very light coat of Vallejo Model Wash Desert Dust 76.522. It's virtually identical to their Dunkelgelb in colour, so it's helped tie the tri-camo colours together and also mute the 'new' paint look slightly.
  • One one of them had a light coat of Dark Earth to mimic dust/light mud. I've seen it done on SCC15 and it was surprisingly effective but less so on this because of the tri-colour scheme, with a dunkelgelb base.
  • With the other I tried pigments for the first time - using a DIY mix from drawing pastels (see below link). Not very successfully though, too bright, so it I gave it a light coat of Dark Earth to tone it down. I couldn't bothered to redo it.

I have deliberately kept the weathering fairly light, as these were not with the unit long before they entered combat in July '44, which is nominally when we battle.

I am particularly please with how the the engine deck grills turned out.

So just the crew and then I'm done at last.

ACW as usual.

ATB

Andrew

-------------------------------------------------------------

My inspiration for the DIY pigments was PLASMO......

I've had them five years but only ever used the black. I've ordered a brown 'set' to give me a better range of hard pastels.

The two kitties....

Not too shabby, I think you will agree!
;)

adt70hk

SMF Supporter
First Name
Andrew
Smiffy my man they are a couple of beauties mate and your right not to shabby.

Wrong Andrew/Andy ;) ....but I'm sure the @The Smythe Meister will take the credit anyway! :smiling5:

Seriously though, thanks Scottie. I'm pleased with how they've turned out.

ATB

Andrew

yak face

Wossupwidee?
Staff member
SMF Supporter
First Name
tony
Fantastic result andrew , beautifully weathered , cheers tony

Tim Marlow

Little blokes aficionado
SMF Supporter
First Name
Tim
Love job Andrew. They look almost too good for the table….

Jakko

Way past the mad part
SMF Supporter
First Name
Jakko
Those look really good, at first sight you wouldn’t think they’re 1:72 and the paint job is very nice.

Scratchbuilder

SMF Supporter
First Name
Mike
'Not too shabby' he said - I would have trouble reading the writing on the box, let alone turning out just one of these beauties - great build and paint....

adt70hk

SMF Supporter
First Name
Andrew
They look superb
Hey Andrew they are awesome. A cracking pair of twins.
Sorry mate senior moment
Of course I will!! ;):thumb2:
Love job Andrew. They look almost too good for the table….
And why not indeed!!! :tears-of-joy::tears-of-joy::tears-of-joy:
Those look really good, at first sight you wouldn’t think they’re 1:72 and the paint job is very nice.
Very nicely done Andrew.
Yep, excellent stuff Andrew, very tidy work indeed :cool: :thumb2:
'Not too shabby' he said - I would have trouble reading the writing on the box, let alone turning out just one of these beauties - great build and paint....

What can I say gents but thank you very much indeed for such fulsome praise, coming from such as talented bunch as yourselves they are high praise indeed. We are normally our own worst critics but the only thing I was not happy with was the pigment but you have to start somewhere!

Scottie - No apology needed, I've done exactly the same to more than one member on here! :smiling5:

Doug - "Why not?" because it a form of theft, plagiarism and all round pretty poor form - but clearly the man has no morals! ;):smiling5: Fortunately, I know Andy to be a thoroughly decent chap otherwise and will put this down to a momentary character aberration!! :smiling5:

Andy- thanks for the praise mate, even if you did try and steal my glory at first!! ;)

Jakko, Mike - Coming from modeller's of your quality I will take the above comments as high praise indeed, especially that they could pass for a larger scale at first sight. Mike you could always try an optivisor!?!?;)

Tim - thanks very much indeed....I'll just have to make sure I treat them with kid-gloves on the table top! :smiling5:

Thanks again chaps!

ATB

Andrew

Jakko

Way past the mad part
SMF Supporter
First Name
Jakko
Jakko, Mike - Coming from modeller's of your quality I will take the above comments as high praise indeed.
You must be mistaken me for someone else there, if you think I’ve got anywhere near Mike’s skill :smiling3:

adt70hk

SMF Supporter
First Name
Andrew
You must be mistaken me for someone else there, if you think I’ve got anywhere near Mike’s skill :smiling3:

Jakko

I know that' not false modesty on your part but the way seek to add/correct all those little details puts you up there with the best on here IMHO!

Thanks again for the support!

Andrew