Andy T's Faun L900 - Das Werk 1/35

Jim R

SMF Supporter
First Name
Jim
Well saved, Andy, from the CA blobs. We've probably all done something similar, used similar bad language and taken a deep breath and sorted it.
I've started working on some stowage too. That must have been one huge truck if a tank didn't fill the load bed! :surprised:
The driver needs somewhere for his sauerkraut butties and pilsner :tongue-out3:

minitnkr

Rabble & escape committee member
SMF Supporter
First Name
Paul
Great save, I'd prolly called it bird poop or a carb fire & moved on. Mirrors are so fragile. My Fuchs mirrors have been broken so many times they're almost too short to be effective.

Andy T

SMF Supporter
First Name
Andy
Cheers guys. A bit of a heart stopping moment when I saw it, but it was an opportunity to get the airbrush out again I guess.

Decals are going on today. They're taking a while to settle down so I made a start on a simple base, carving & stamping out some 6mm XPS foam. Hopefully it's something I can use to display future vehicles, as I doubt many will be bigger than this, so I'll try and keep it fairly generic.

2023-09-22 14.31.32.jpg

The Smythe Meister

Born to be WILD....... until about 9pm
SMF Supporter
First Name
Andy
Blimey,I look away for a week and it's practically finished!!!:flushed:
Looking excellent Andy,as for the little "mishap", well,if I hadn't read about it in the earlier posts,I'd never have noticed :thumb2:,the Panzer looks really nice too mate.
Scribing that base must've taken some patience, well worth it mind, it's come out great with the paintwork :cool:,
Cracking stuff this!

Andy T

SMF Supporter
First Name
Andy
Thanks Andy, that's actually just the bare foam, I haven't started painting it yet.

I scribed out the kerbstones but the rest was punched out using this set I bought some years ago. They can just be pressed into foam, but will cut shapes in thin styrene with a tap from a hammer. I've even used them as scribing templates.

https://amzn.eu/d/60SfRBU

I need to press on with the truck now. I always struggle with washes, weathering etc and given the size of this it's even more daunting than usual lol.

The Smythe Meister

Born to be WILD....... until about 9pm
SMF Supporter
First Name
Andy
Thanks Andy, that's actually just the bare foam, I haven't started painting it yet.

I scribed out the kerbstones but the rest was punched out using this set I bought some years ago. They can just be pressed into foam, but will cut shapes in thin styrene with a tap from a hammer. I've even used them as scribing templates.

https://amzn.eu/d/60SfRBU

I need to press on with the truck now. I always struggle with washes, weathering etc and given the size of this it's even more daunting than usual lol.
Just the bare foam eh?:dizzy:....
... blimey,it looks great already :tears-of-joy:

Andy T

SMF Supporter
First Name
Andy
No further pictures of the truck just yet as I tried something with the tyres that didn't work out well, so retracing my steps a bit there.

I did get the base painted though. I managed to scrape a few of the curbstones with my girlie nails so we'll just have to imagine it's damage from something lol

2023-09-24 11.55.56-1.jpg

2023-09-24 11.56.16-1.jpg

Andy T

SMF Supporter
First Name
Andy
Thanks Jim, Paul.

It should do the job as a generic display base and was good practice for if I ever want to include something similar in a diorama.

Allen Dewire

Proud Rabble Member
SMF Supporter
First Name
Allen
Jeepers Andy, You really are speeding along here Sir!!! The truck is fantastic and the CA drops save, even better. I love your scratching with the girlie nails quote on the cobbles the most though!!! Great stuff!!!

Prost
Allen

scottie3158

SMF Supporter
First Name
Paul
Andy,
That is some seriously nice modelling. I am always in awe of your AB skills and that base is superb.

Andy T

SMF Supporter
First Name
Andy
Thank you both very much, you're making me blush :smiling4:

I have hit another snag after removing the masking from the windows:

2023-09-24 17.00.03.jpg

Overspray on the insides :tired: I'm currently trying to remove a side window to gain access so I can clean it up.

Tim Marlow

Little blokes aficionado
SMF Supporter
First Name
Tim

View attachment 491521

Overspray on the insides :tired: I'm currently trying to remove a side window to gain access so I can clean it up.
Blimey, this one is fighting back a bit Andy. Sure you’ll sort it though.

Andy T

SMF Supporter
First Name
Andy
Tell me about it Tim! I'm having a particularly dark day today too, so it hasn't helped.

I managed to get the side window out though (breaking the door frame while I was at it) and cleaned the 'screen reasonably well. Somehow I broke a wheel off in the process too. Also snapped the wonky mirror off but that gave me chance to stick it back on a little straighter (silver lining etc..)

Another CA incident when affixing the hoops meant I had to repaint a side step, so really a catalogue of issues today :smiling5:

It was on the floor ready to get stamped on so decided to call time.

I may wake up in a more positive mood but just in case, here's where we are at right now :smiling3:

1000004518.jpg

therapy

SMF Supporter
First Name
Nick
Well done Andy. I think I would have set the model aside for a day or two...

I had a similar inside overspray issue on a truck. In that instance I managed to insert a cotton bud up through the floor to get on the inside of the glass...

Looking great.

Nick

Andy T

SMF Supporter
First Name
Andy
Thanks chaps, with one thing after another it was starting to feel like a battle of wills :smiling5:

I'm feeling a bit less clumsy this morning so I'll go out and have another look around it, maybe finishing some bits off :smiling3:

Ian M

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
SMF Supporter
First Name
Ian

View attachment 491521

This is what happens when three soldiers in wet woolen uniforms sit in a small space and drink hot tea. Windows all steam up.