Andys Academy 1:35 Achilles Tank Destroyer

A

andyrobs

Well I haven't posted any builds on here for a while, so here goes with this one.

View attachment 84922

It looks a really nice kit, several sprues sealed in bags, good looking detailing.

View attachment 84921

Here's where I am so far, got the lower hull primed, and Interior colour down. I only did a light spraying of the interior white, to allow the primer to show through for a worn/highlighted look, it doesn't really show in the pics. Also got half the track guide wheels/suspension units assembled, 9 parts for each unit!!!!

View attachment 84923

All comments and advice welcome,

Cheers, Andrew

View attachment 84924

P1010162.JPG

P1010161.JPG

P1010164.JPG

P1010165.JPG

L

Laurie

Interesting project Andrew.

Also interesting about the primer. On the Merlin Helicopter I have just first coated over the primer and noticed the how the patchiness of the first coat gives an interesting finish.

Laurie

D

dubster72

That looks a nice kit Andrew. The open topped turret should give plenty of scope for added details.

PaulTRose

Dazed and confused
First Name
Paul
this will go together nice, im always impressed by Academy kits

T

tommy1drop

I`m with Paul, I really like the Academy kits they build into hassle free builds, hope you don`t mind if I tag along Andrew;)

P

Polux

Looks very well, is a nice start.

Glad to see you posting some model again ;)

A

andyrobs

Thanks guys, it is a good kit, no flash or fit issues so far. Everyones welcome to tag along, but I gotta warn ya, it may be a slow build!!!!! :D :D :D:D

Cheers, Andrew

D

Deleted member 3568

Hi Andrew does this kit have a fully detailed interior like the Tiger I built and the m3 I just ordered (they were both academy kits) only built 2 tanks, the Tiger and a Skoda, the Skoda was a Czech kit and did not have any internal detail, I found the internal detail one of the more enjoyable aspects as we all see the external of a tank. Will draw up a chair and watch with the rest.

A

andyrobs

\ said:
Hi Andrew does this kit have a fully detailed interior like the Tiger I built and the m3 I just ordered (they were both academy kits) only built 2 tanks, the Tiger and a Skoda, the Skoda was a Czech kit and did not have any internal detail, I found the internal detail one of the more enjoyable aspects as we all see the external of a tank. Will draw up a chair and watch with the rest.
Yup, it has the fully detailed interior, I'll try and get some more progress pics on tomorrow to give you some idea of it!!!

Cheers, Andrew

monica

“When there's no more room in hell, the dead will
SMF Supporter
First Name
monica
yep im with the rest will tag along always nice to see some thing other than German for my side, ;)

Lee W

Rum before 10 makes you a pirate not an alcoholic
SMF Supporter
First Name
Lee
Great start Andy, looking good

Lee :smiling3:

monica

“When there's no more room in hell, the dead will
SMF Supporter
First Name
monica
looking good Andy a nice start, ;)

Centurion3RTR

Fossil Raver
First Name
John
I'm in on this build Andrew, i have the Italeri M10 (reboxed Academy) and it's a very nice looking model.

Have fun, John

A

andyrobs

Thanks for all your comments guys, hopefully tonight will see more progress!!!

Cheers, Andrew