flyjoe180

Joe
SMF Supporter
First Name
Joe
Good to see another Warspite, looking forward to progress reports Graham

G

Graham D

Just starting to paint the hull. It is the first time I have sprayed with Life Colour paints, and found that I can use them without any thinning. But it did take nearly half a pot of paint to discover this. Here are some paper patterns I have made, which will be transferred to some self adhesive masking sheet. More pictures to follow shortly

View attachment 74843

hull masks.jpg

eddiesolo

It's a modelling time!
SMF Supporter
First Name
Si.
Nice one Graham, Alan built this up and it looks cracking when built.

Si:smiling3:

Alan 45

Plastic Abuser
First Name
Alan
Looking good graham

In the pe instructions it tells you to make skylights but it doesn't tell you where to put them it was only when I was finishing the boat I realised where they go but by then I had put the plastic pieces on

They go on the stern first two just behind the jack staff and the other two just behind the stern Orelikon

G

Graham D

Thanks for the comments, here are a couple of pictures of the hull. The shininess is due to the paint being wet when touching up the black line, and I have just noticed that one of the props is about to fall off. It's amazing what you spot when you take pictures of your model.

Alan, thanks for the info regarding the skylights. I will look for them as I cannot recall seeing them.

View attachment 74989

View attachment 74990

hull1.jpg

hull2.jpg

G

Graham D

Looking at the black line in the daylight, it seems my matt black has gone gloss. I am going to respray it using a new pot of paint. :sad:

Alan 45

Plastic Abuser
First Name
Alan
I like the camo graham you've got great straight lines :smiling3:

How glossy is your water line ?

I mean can you see the shine from across the room I now how thin the water line is so if it's not noticeable why go through all the masking up again :smiling3:

G

Graham D

Thanks for the comment. I used the masks I made. Too late, I have already redone the waterline. It didn't take long and it looks a lot better. You probably could not see it across the room, but I knew it was not quite right.

eddiesolo

It's a modelling time!
SMF Supporter
First Name
Si.
Looking superb Graham, great work.

Alan 45

Plastic Abuser
First Name
Alan
That's looking great graham I think this will look better than mine when completed :smiling3:

eddiesolo

It's a modelling time!
SMF Supporter
First Name
Si.
\ said:
That's looking great graham I think this will look better than mine when completed :smiling3:
Well, that won't be hard if you keep knocking stuff off your shelves... :D