Another academy 1/350 HMS Warspite premium edition

G

Graham D

Thanks for the comments

Alan, I remember that from you build log. I had to take the foremast top apart as I put the aeriel on before putting the yards on!

C

Caledonia

Great work on the PE Graham. One trick for fine rigging is to use very thin copper wire. Cheers Derek

First Name
Mike
Looks really good Graham. As a non-ship modeller they always look dauntingly complex.

Alan 45

Plastic Abuser
First Name
Alan
Looking good Graham, that aftermarket pe for those pom poms looks much better than the supplied ones, I'm getting that for my queen Elizabeth :smiling3:

G

Graham D

\ said:
Looking good Graham, that aftermarket pe for those pom poms looks much better than the supplied ones, I'm getting that for my queen Elizabeth :smiling3:
They are a lot better and a reasonable size. They are made of 10 pieces. The only thing I found was that I had to drill out the resin bit the barrels fitted into as the middle barrels suck out too much, but that might just be me! I got the ones made by Fly Hawk

Alan 45

Plastic Abuser
First Name
Alan
Thanks for the info mate, fly hawk are the ones I'm getting, I've only see them on white ensign

First Name
Gregg
Wow, your really putting some work into this build, but it will be worth it in the end.

Following this to the end.

Gregg

G

Graham D

After a bit of a delay for a bussiness trip to France and other things, here is a bit more, the main mast and its associated super structure is now stuck, and the Walrus has been completed. Next is to complete the ships boats and rigging.

View attachment 79469

midships.jpg

eddiesolo

It's a modelling time!
SMF Supporter
First Name
Si.
That is looking superb Graham, very close to the finishing post me thinks.

Si:smiling3:

S

steve scan

Looking great Graham, she will look good when she is finished.