Another Arhnem dio

C

callmehobbes

Hi. I'm working on a number of Arnhem/Oosterbeek dios and vignettes (I keep swapping between projects when I get frustrated.)

Here are some of the figures I'm making for my 2Para dio. I intend to show a group of paras finally surrendering from the ruins of a house as medics, both Britishand German tend to the wounded.

Here's an idea of how part of the dio may look. (Still playing with composition)

Feedback welcome as always.

eddiesolo

It's a modelling time!
SMF Supporter
First Name
Si.
Cracking work, always in awe of folk that can actually create using putty etc, superb work so far.

Si:smiling3:

Alan 45

Plastic Abuser
First Name
Alan
Good work and it's good to see some truth , people might not know that british medics helped German wounded and visa versa during the battle for Arnhem.

This is looking like it will be a masterpiece

monica

“When there's no more room in hell, the dead will
SMF Supporter
First Name
monica
very nice work,you have done,real like it,cannot wait to see more, ;)

C

callmehobbes

Here's some updates on the figures. Not much but getting there slowly.

I've been detailing the wounded para and swapped the medics head. I think he looks better.

This one is still in the early stages. Hopefully the pose says everything, a wounded para being held by a friend calling for help.

Not much progress here, just slowly adding pockets etc.

T

tommy1drop

Hi Paul this really is turning out nice, lovely sculpting;)

C

callmehobbes

Cheers mate. It really helps getting feedback. I can see they need a bit of sanding and filling here and there but you get a general idea. For anyone who has never tried sculpting or is used to working with miliput, give sculpy III a go.

monica

SMF Supporter
First Name
monica
grand job on these figures Paul,there turning out so well, keep up the good work, ;)

D

dubster72

The figures look so lifelike! Hat's off to your sculpting ability :smiling3:

Cheers

Patrick

eddiesolo

It's a modelling time!
SMF Supporter
First Name
Si.
Looking nice there Paul, some great work on those figures.

Si:smiling3:

S

Stevekir

The missing arms and legs on the unfinished figures are rather disturbing. You could have a finished figure without as leg. It would provide realism.

C

callmehobbes

I know what you mean but I try to keep the gore to a minimum. The actual injuries that occurred are too horrific to show. Thanks for the input.

Ive just ordered a resin casting kit so I make make some boots.

C

callmehobbes

Here's some other Arnhem/Oosterbeek stuff.

Here's the driver for my universal carrier. The head isnt attached so my or may not be wounded depending on how the dio works out. This has been a particular challenge as I built the carrier years ago and last year converted it to the airborne variant. because the carrier is built Ive had to sculpt the driver in place with is fiddly as you can imagine.

Posssibly part of the bren dio, I want to show the RASC retrieving the dropped supplies.

Another view. The smashed wall and carrier dont really fit with the scene I want. I may swap the figures with some wounded paras and have the germans collecting the supplies. Still not sure where this one is going.

This is my Oosterbeek dio, D day +2. Outside some German prisoners are being brought back but the first British casualties are also returning/being treated. Getting into Arnhem is proving harder than expected.

And here it is from the outside with the unsatisfactory road removed.

C

callmehobbes

Oh and special thanks to eddiesolo who gave me a spare track for the carrier (the old one had perished).

monica

SMF Supporter
First Name
monica
great figure work Paul, real like them,and the look of the dutch house as well, ;)

what court my eye was the tree, do like the look of that one,o_O

First Name
Aaron
How well did that country house build? I have that building with the shed.

C

callmehobbes

I'm not a fan of assembling the miniart buildings though I do like the finished results. This is one went together fairly easily and filling the edges was less of a problem because the walls don't have a brick/stone texture. I did have to swap the roof from wooden to tiles to make it suitable for a Dutch setting which caused the biggest headache. (Still working on that to be honest).