Another Bf109F-4 This one will be in flight.

K

Kressy13

Looking good so far Steve, A bit of weathering will bring it to life. Keep up the good work mate.

Cheers

Kresten

Centurion3RTR

Fossil Raver
First Name
John
Looking spot on that is Steve, going to look great when it's done mate.

Have fun, John

Two post's and i'm still online.

A

ajcmac

\ said:
Basic top camo on. I've faded it a bit but there's more to do with it. I'm not too proud to show this before I've touched up around the wing roots etc!Hasegawa get this wrong on the instructions. The demarcation line should not rise under the tailplane. There are a lot of images of this aircraft ( I think I've seen all of them lol) and the demarcation should be a straight line down the centreline of the fuselage. I've made a big effort to get this correct as the "Kennziffer",Yellow 14, and fuselage "Balkenkreuz" need to sit properly with the demarcation

The demarcation was fairly hard. I used a mask raised by about 2-3mm to soften it slightly on the model.

Cheers

Steve
Steve

When I started to build the F4 Marseille was also the decoration I wanted to do.

I looked for pictures because I had two questions.

The first, the line that separates the two colors, in all sheets of decals I have seen, were different from Hasegawa.

Finally I found a picture that seems (seems) to agree with Hasegawa.

Unfortunately I broke the windshields and I'll have to choose another decoration. Perhaps the fourth. Problem solved.

The second question was on the windshield.

The small window on the right side was painted or not. The Hasegawa shows it painted. It is not easy to find because most of the photographs are all on the left side. I saw some 109 F4 with her painted and others unpainted. When in doubt, I follow the instructions of Hasegawa.

Do you have any photos that might help? Thank you.

Last edited:

stona

SMF Supporter
First Name
Steve
Hi Antonio,first the demarcation line between the top and bottom colours. Hasegawa are wrong,it is a straight line,which incidentally was the factory standard. I have a better print of the picture you posted showing the aircraft being serviced and the line does not appear to curve up under the tailplane. I think a lot of those photos have been manipulated as the area is in shade. This area IS open to interpretation,I've followed the advice of Kitchens,Beaman,Brown,Ritger and others in sticking with a straighter demarcation.

As for those "windows" Hasegawa are correct and I've got it wrong! The port panel should be clear (unpainted) and the starboard one painted.It is actually a metal panel with a port for firing signal flares. I'll have to fix mine now! Just a coat of primer,enamel paint and various varnishes to remove!

Cheers

Steve

Edit: Result! I had masked that panel,just had to remove the masking.

Last edited by a moderator:
A

ajcmac

Thank you.

I just wanted to be sure of what I was doing.

Cheers

:beer:

ajcmac.