Another ship that I started before hms victory by my self but did not finish the C.S.S. ALABAMA 1:96

james pithouse

Models are fun just ask kpnuts
First Name
James
hi guys and girls bad news. Not carrying on with this model any more snap parts off the ship whilst putting one off these on what ever they are called and the part that holds the ratlines and the parts that hold the row boats up in case the ship sinks :mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad: and now they do not make this model so i can not get parts for it as i asked before at revellView attachment 120304

View attachment 120305

View attachment 120306

P270915_13.56.jpg

P270915_14.02.jpg

P270915_14.03.jpg

D

Deleted member 3568

Jim get some copper wire (the stuff for wiring cookers in with ) strip off the insulation cut a piece off then wrap another piece round it and cut off leaving a tail and you've made a new one, used this method loads of times, broke 2 on the La Reale and used this method to replace them, dead easy also all the tie downs on the sternwheeler were done this way and the stanchions for the ropes round the crews area, just left a longer length after the ring.

james pithouse

First Name
James
ok then what do I use for the ratline holders that are snapped off as well

eddiesolo

It's a modelling time!
SMF Supporter
First Name
Si.
You can use copper wire, as Ken points out, or use tiny brass eyelets.

james pithouse

First Name
James
View attachment 120665

View attachment 120666

hi guys took advice instead got picture frame wire. Frayed it in to 2 strands twisted them together over a metal bar got ratline holders drilled micro holes with micro drill bit set going from 0.3 mm to 1.6 mm which I brought at Bury St Edmund market last week on Wednesday for £2.99 went with mum and dad, had good day out so here the pics off the ratline holders so far enjoy:D:D:D:D:DP011015_15.34.jpg

P011015_15.37.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
D

Deleted member 3568

Novel idea jim glad you're back in the game, just a suggestion you really need to practice with your camera, you really are not doing justice to your work if we can't see it properly.

james pithouse

First Name
James
no pics this time I'll have to get camera in stead of using mobile phone camera my mobile is SH*!

D

Deleted member 3568

Most mobile phones take good pics now Jim all my wip are done with my mobile ( I use my dslr for finished builds) it look like you are not focusing on the thing you are photographing for instance the ratlines in your last pic are more out of focus than the background, maybe you need more light or you need to use the phones flash, just practice a bit Jim.

D

Deleted member 3568

Better pics jim so we can see what you've done, they will look great when painted black.

D

Deleted member 3568

Can I ask jim are you using gloss black as I'm pretty sure they should be matt black.

james pithouse

First Name
James
Can I ask jim are you using gloss black as I'm pretty sure they should be matt black. kpnuts, Sunday at 9:01 PM

Ken you asked me the question above sorry I missed your question. The top part they were painted silky-matt black and the bottom part dust matt grey revell 77 for bottom but did not have revell 77 only humbrol 79 which is a close match for the top part, for the bottom part I all ready have revell 302 silky-matt black for the ratline holders, but now they are made from picture frame wire and i'll be painting them silky-matt black