V

Vajled

little dry fit of upper and lower wing

till now not a drop of putty is used

Cheers

Roman

T

treyzx10r

Another fine looking build in the works Roman,the office looks great!

V

Vajled

I have manage to do joint of lower wing and fuselage. I see same thing is waiting for me for upper wing and canopy.

All panels on lower wing and fuselage are rescribed.

Must have also putty time on engines cowel.

Here are some pics from my work... upper wing, canopy and engine are still on dry fit.

Cheers,

Roman

J

James Q

Looking good. That canopy looked a pain to mask! Those joins look like they will give you and the putty a good work out!

V

Vajled

Here I have one tip... I dont know if any of you work like this... Tip is for filling gaps between canopy and fuselage.

I use WATER BASED glue for wood, who is dryed became transparent.

With toothpick put drops into the gap untill is filled up and little overedge and when I finish with filling gap right away moisture with mouth cotton swab (for cleaning ears - dont know on english... i think is cotton swab) and wipe away excess untill stay only ammount in the gap. After drying you will se clear transparent fiulling.

If neccesery replay all... because somethimes with cotton swab you clear little more from the gap.

Next time when I will do this I will make video tutorial

hope you will see different on pics and model of glue.

BEFORE:

AFTER WATER BASED WOOD GLUE:

and must say gap was not like before on my post, upper wing have little too mutch bended canopy, after I was glu it I see gap was not too big, but was present... arround 1/2 - 1 mmm

Hope I help with this tip

Cheers

Roman

Last edited:
J

James Q

Thats a very good tip Roman and one I will be trying :bow:

M

mobear

yaa awsome tip and one i would never have thought of thnx roman

V

Vajled

engine, upper wing and upper wing carrier are glued, all is putty and sanded and preparation for rigging is under the way

Thats all for today :smiling3:

Good night and cheers,

Roman

V

Vajled

\ said:
Looking good, what method do you use for rigging? I really need to learn how to do rigging.
For first time I'm trying the method to drill holes for rigging thru the wings. I have drilled with 0,4 bit and thru holes put fishing line 0,16 mm.

After that I will with CA glue the base of slings and on another end tension with hand...

Will see how will came out :smiling3:

Roman

Vaughan

SMF Supporter
First Name
Vaughan
Some skilful work going on there Roman.

Vaughan

V

Vajled

prop and wheels are dry fit...mybe little few thing to correct on the model, but generally this is it... ready for priming

Roman

Ian M

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
SMF Supporter
First Name
Ian
Looks a good one to me. I have one question though. I see that you have already rigged it. How does that work out. Painting after doing the rigging. I can see me having all kinds of problems doing that.

Ian M

V

Vajled

\ said:
Looks a good one to me. I have one question though. I see that you have already rigged it. How does that work out. Painting after doing the rigging. I can see me having all kinds of problems doing that.Ian M
hey Ian,

I have decided to do rigging before painting because it will be one color scheme... white all over, exclude black in fron of canopy... sun glare protection...

and only because that I have decided to do rigging befor and not after...

Hop I will succes in this

Roman

mossiepilot

A learner learning
SMF Supporter
First Name
Tony
More brilliant building here Roman.

Wish I had your confidence, my builds seem to take ages in comparison.

I really enjoy watching you create.

Tony.

V

Vajled

generally this is it... few more details ... and is ready for gloss and decaling

Cheers and good night to all

Roman