Anycubic resin Printers

Crispier

SMF Supporter
First Name
Chris
Last year I received an Anycubic resin printer for my birthday and after faffing about for a couple of weeks with setting up I became addicted to making additions for my models and then started making dioramas for vehicle and aircraft models. I'll post them at some point you'll note they go from absolute crap to fairly good over time :smiling5:.

Anyway, the reason for this post is that if you decide to invest in a 3D printer make sure you pay with your credit card, even if you buy from Amazon. The printer that I had developed several issues in January and I contacted Amazon who told me that as it's after 30 days since purchase I had to contact Anycubic directly in China! Long story short it took ages to get a response, I had to send video clips of the problem, wait for their reply and then parts delivery, which I had to change myself, when the first resolution didn't work I had to go through this again with the associated time it took (ages :anguished:).

When I demanded a refund both Amazon and Anycubic tried to fob me off with a small refund and a bottle of resin for a printer that didn't work, or return the printer to China at my expense for a refund, in the end and after a lot of hassle I got my refund after quoting he consumer protection act at them and sending a formal letter (template from which magazine).

Two lessons learned.

1. Buy from a retailer in UK even if it's a few quid more, consumer protection act is easier to invoke.
2. Pay with credit card so that section 75 can be used in a dispute which would have been so much quicker and easier.

if you have time, space and funds I do reccomend a resin 3d printer highly