Anyone done a Lavochkin La7?? Getting confused...

M

munkster

Am just getting stuck into this kit from Eduard and the paint references are for Gunze Sanyo paints however I'm having trouble converting them to my preferred paint range (Tamiya acrylics).

Has anyone done this kit? Or one in any scale by another make?? Wondering at least what the main colours for the camo are, the paint4models conversion chart doesn't seem to want to give me direct comparisons and I'm unsure how to approximate. Indeed two of the main camo colours seem be suggested as being equivalent to the same Tamiya colour which would make for quite an uneventful camo pattern methinks :smiling:

The colours I need are (all Gunze Sanyo Mr Color refs) C317 Gray, C323 Light blue, C331 Dark Seagray and C97 Light Gray.

Thing is, I have all manner of shades of grey in Tamiya (including ones that have the same names as the above!) - do different manufacturers have different interpretations of the same "colour"? Surely they aren't all the same??

Thanks in advance, I'm tying myself up in knots here :sad:

Ian M

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
SMF Supporter
First Name
Ian
317=Dark Sea Grey FX54, 323=Light Blue FX 23, 331=RAF Dark Sea Grey no Tamiya match. 97 Can't find that one!!!

I'>Ultimate Model Paint Conversion Chart - Paint4models.comIan M

yak face

Wossupwidee?
Staff member
SMF Supporter
First Name
tony
Hi rob, ive done quite a few la 5's , 7's and various yaks that all use the same scheme. Ive always used tamiya acrylics and it looks ok to me. The paints i use are :- For the upper colours XF19 lt grey , XF 54 dark sea grey and for the underside XF 23 light blue . For the interoir of Lavochkins ive used Xtracrylix 1202 Hellblau, and for the undercarriage and wheel wells Tamiya XF 12 IJN grey ,and the wheels themselves in Xtracrylix 1010 aircraft grey green. The tamiya equivalents for the interior grey green would be XF 71 but theres no tamiya equivalent for RLM 65 hellblau . Hope this helps , heres a few pics of mine in the colours , cheers tony

View attachment 39770

View attachment 39771

View attachment 39772

P1060679 [Desktop Resolution].JPG

P1040117 [Desktop Resolution].JPG

P1040182 [Desktop Resolution].JPG

M

munkster

Excellent thanks Tony, and thanks Ian, I'd found those two but it was the gaps I was umming and ahhing about... I've got something to go on now at least, cheers!