Anyone know how to make scale Pine trees?

Gern

'Stashitis' victim
SMF Supporter
First Name
Dave
Hi Paul,

It would be very nice to have the scale distances in the scenery match those in the kits but we're not all blessed with display areas the size of Wembley Stadium - which is unfortunately what we'd need for some of our ideas!

You could think about it like this though. Model railway builders have the same problem; yet they have no problems building layouts with stations no more than a few train lengths away from each other. In real life of course they are many miles apart which not even Wembley Stadium would be able to represent properly in true scale. Everyone appreciates the difficulty and there are seldom any issues with it.

Equally, no-one will criticise your work if your opponents are a little - or even a lot - closer than they should be.

Go on! You know you want to!

Gern

tr1ckey66

SMF Supporter
First Name
Paul
SO MANY MODELS, SOOOO LITTLE TIME!!!!:surrender:

Cheers Dave

Yep, I understand the conundrum re scale and available space. Funnily enough my dad (God bless him) built me and my brothers a massive layout in the loft when we were kids.

Anyhoo, back to the point. I am going to try a large diorama in 1/72 but I can't see that being a quick build!!!! So that may take a while. The other thing is I've got a million other modeling projects to be getting on with as well - all of em screaming to me ,'BUILD ME, BUILD ME!!!!' I CAN'T TAKE IT I TELLS YA!!!:doctor: (Normal service will resume shortly)...

Sorry about that must be CA glue fumes.

Prime example of a model begging to be built - Just taken delivery of a Resicast Bedford QLT - absolutely gorgeous resin kit that I plan to do a lot of figures with (all of which will require converting).

I know I'm not alone in this - if I didn't have a job, family, didn't have to eat or sleep and lived to 200 I may complete it all!

Only joking. Modeling is a real passion with me but like everyone else just got to find the time.

:peace:Paul

Gern

'Stashitis' victim
SMF Supporter
First Name
Dave
Only 200 years Paul? I take it you've not got many plans for your existing stash and have no intention of adding to it as new 'must have' kits are released?!

If it's any consolation, I hear the same demands from my stash every time I go near it - and I'd guess a very large proportion of other modellers do too.

Gern

tr1ckey66

SMF Supporter
First Name
Paul
Ok, immortality it is. As soon as I crack that I'll share it on the forum - perhaps then we might shift a bit of the backlog. Nah, who am I kiddin', we'd just keep on buying more and more bits of precious plastic! Ah, my precious, my precious!!!

Sorry - fumes again...

Paul

yak face

Wossupwidee?
Staff member
SMF Supporter
First Name
tony
"I know I'm not alone in this - if I didn't have a job, family, didn't have to eat or sleep and lived to 200 I may complete it all!

Only joking. Modeling is a real passion with me but like everyone else just got to find the time.i paul," - HI paul, i hear you!!! if i complete one kit a month i should get my stash done in about 6 years , DODDLE!!! Back to reality , im lucky if i get one done every 3 months not to mention my addiction to buying more! my trouble is i cant resist a bargain , ive just got to try and keep off e-bay! good luck in the fir trees quest, im still racking my tiny brains to think of anything that might be useful,ill let you know if anything crops up, cheers tony

tr1ckey66

SMF Supporter
First Name
Paul
Hey Tony

... Don't start me on ebay, it's like modeler's heroin!

Yep, I too can't pass up a bargain. I've spotted an AFV Churchill mkIII in Modelzone for £18! Now, I don't need a Churchill mkIII but my twisted modeler's brain is saying, 'it will be easier to convert that to an 'AVRE' than it will be to convert the Tamiya mkVII(which I already have)!' What kind of twisted logic is that!!!... It is nearly half price though... NO! STOP THE MADNESS!!!

NB: I know AFV do an AVRE but that's not on sale and I already have the Resicast AVRE conversion kit.

I think I'll start another thread about 'model stashes' where you have to submit a photo of your unbuilt kits! That'd be fun, like 'Modelers Anonymous' (except we'd know your name?!) ... Hello, My name is Paul and I'm a modeller but I've not bought a kit in the last 2 minutes... etc etc

...Just a thought...

Cheers Tony

Paul