Artesania Latina - DALLAS REVENUE CUTTER - 1/50

Hello!

Yeah! Finally finished! I hope you'll enjoy it. Before the pictures I'd like to say couple things about this model and building it itself.

That was my first attempt to build a proper wooden model ship. Now when it's finished I can say, that I've chosen good. This is a really easy model if you know what you're doing and what to do. I wasn't:smiling3:

For me it was a really painful build. Every step I took was careful, but also it was another step in the deep dark. Thanks to everyone who gave me tips and helped me with some things. The kit itself was probably good apart from the plans and instructions. A lot, I mean A LOT of stuff wasn't even mentioned in the instructions and if I haven't found some pictures of the same model I'd probably never finish it. I can see this if the kit was released for experienced modellers, but it clearly says in the prolog to the instructions that it is a beginners kit so I'd really expect some more detailed explanation about what to do and how..

About the build. I made couple quite big mistakes, starting with the planking which went too deep into stern and the rudder is not through the deck, furnishing of the deck isn't perfect either. Topmasts should be the same size but due to material shortage (well, I found the missing bit later on :rolleyes:smiling3: I had to shorten every bit of masting and then decided to leave one smaller for some reason (I don't really know why). Overall it's a quite good looking model anyways. Just need to put it on a nice and proper base. The one at the moment is just an unused shelf:smiling3:

Take a look:

View attachment 123651

View attachment 123652

View attachment 123653

View attachment 123654

View attachment 123655

View attachment 123656

View attachment 123657

View attachment 123658

View attachment 123659

View attachment 123660

View attachment 123661

View attachment 123662

View attachment 123663

For anyone interested in taking a look how it was build, please go to this thread:

http://www.scale-models.co.uk/community/threads/artesania-latina-1-50-dallas-revenue-cutter-new-york-1815.28451/

Thanks for visiting:smiling3:

DSC_7016a.jpg

DSC_7007a.jpg

DSC_7015a.jpg

DSC_7017a.jpg

DSC_7018a.jpg

DSC_7020a.jpg

DSC_7021a.jpg

DSC_7022a.jpg

DSC_7023a.jpg

DSC_7024a.jpg

DSC_7025a.jpg

DSC_7026a.jpg

DSC_7027a.jpg

Ian M

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
SMF Supporter
First Name
Ian
In a nut shell. Brilliant my friend. Very well made indeed. Did you say this was your first propa boat?! Could have fooled me.

It shows that you have taken your time and put your heart into this. Love it.

Ian M

I could see this thread announced in the new posts section. If it is not on the resent threads list, it could be that there have been more recent, recent threads and this has just got pushed off the list?. All the settings for the boats section are exactly the same as all the other sections. (they are basically clones). So if it is not showing I have no idea why... Hmm

Great build gong very well earned.

Thanks @Ian M.

Well, I can't see this post. I knew about your reply only because I watch my threads and I have the alert.

It's weird because if you go to "RECENT POSTS" it's there as it should be..